True breaking strain of braids

JarrydA

Interesting read - I wonder if the tests where done with statistically significant sample sizes or just the one off test. Still a good lot of info.

His username is paulus. If you search posts by him you should find a thread from when he had just set it up. There may be an answer in there.

This was about 3 or 4 years ago.

Interesting read - I wonder if the tests where done with statistically significant sample sizes or just the one off test. Still a good lot of info.

Taken directly from the page in the link.

"I run between 3 and 5 tests on each sample, results are the average of 3 tests (A) , and list (B) best result. see here

Braid diameter is measured flat, then wound up aprox 10 turns per inch and measured again, the 2 results averaged (A).

(A) = Average, (B) = Best, D = Diameter in mm. kt = Knot strength. Pe Number sizes see here

Lines tested to GFAA line Tested to Australian Standard AS2001-2.7 using professional equipment."

Hi

The tests are an average of three, with the best test result also listed, results are batch relient, batches vary, depends what machine it was made on pic per inch and what batch of fiber was used as it also varies.

Never assume your braids strength, or its diameter. Unless it's been tested.

Each line takes over an hour to setup and test, each braid is assessed before testing and has it's own particular method of being held. All test results are traceable to national standards.

Paulus

Any Questions fire away I do not come by often.

some simple info for reading.
/>http://www.paulusjustfishing.com/Information.htm

Archived