Cape 25/4 early morning snaps

wesfish

Decided with the good weather predicted for Anzac day off to hit the Cape of moreton. Arrived at the cape at midnight after a very nice run across the bay.

The morning was great fun with such a bright moon to light up the ocean surface and it did not take long at all for the fishing action to start.

post-4300-144598945742_thumb.jpg

caught a few of these cudas to start with, while mick was harrassed by painted morwongs that were thought to be good snaps at the start of the fights, they go fairly hard on light gear :lol:

post-4300-144598945755_thumb.jpg

we started to land snaps between 36-38cm but decided to keep them if they went over 40cm to make a decent bag of snaps. Only problem is the snaps shut down at 2am and we still had not put one in the esky and started to regret putting the 36-38 ones back. :pinch:

Then mick hooked a strange thing that took a floatline whole squid, it swam towards the boat and when i told mick to put some drag on it to see if it had good weight. All of a sudden this thing came to life and micks big penn started screaming and his rod was fully loaded :woohoo: Thats the sound i wanna hear :lol: then in the moonlight a marlin or sailfish takes to the surface and starts tail walking across the water heading into the moon reflection on the water, mick lasted 3 big surface displays before wearing his leader through :pinch: was awesome too see even though it was lost. we kept going at the reefs and i landed a nice lil spangled to put in the esky

post-4300-144598945764_thumb.jpg

around 3 am Mick went to sleep and I decided to keep going to try and put some fish in the esky, I landed another legal squire at 38cm and in the box it went, the moon was just about to set and i finally changed my tactics and threw a gulp nemesis out on the lil chronarch combo. this payed off with a nice snap

post-4300-144598945773_thumb.jpg

I woke mick up to take a pic :lol: he went back to sleep and i put another 2 small snaps in the box. when day light set in we moved around a bit searching for good fish, we were kept busy with leather jackets and wrasse and assorted under size reefies. We trolled around for 3 hours but did not get a strike but it was just nice being out on such a nice day thanks to Anzac day, Cheers diggers B)

post-4300-144598945782_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598945792_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598945801_thumb.jpg

post-4300-14459894581_thumb.jpg

Archived