Paternoster Rig

Bri The Pom

Bri the pom - are you in Australia?

Mate I have a cheats version that will make the real deckies chringe with disgust, but it's good for soft water with low movement. No good for deep stuff or fast currrents.

If using mono just tie on about 1 metre leader with a normal swivel. Then just do a couple of loops about 300mm apart. Thread the loop through the eye of the hook and double the hook back. On the bottom tie another loop and thread the sinker on here. Using this method you can change the hooks and sinker without re-tying.

The size of the target species will determine the breaking strain of the leader, but double the strength for what you would use because this not looses about 40% in the finer gauge leaders.

Sorry no pics. But Aaron use this knott heaps and maybe able to explain this a better way.

Depends on what you are fishing for, but if you tie a sinker to the bottom of the line, then tie the \"dropper Loop\" from this page a metre or so above the sinker you have your basic paternoster rig. (Thread the end of the loop through the hook, then put the loop end over the hook and pull tight to attach)

/>http://www.lyndenhuggins.com/Fishing/Knots.htm

as long as the hook is above the sinker your gonna be laughing mate its all gold no matter how you tie it.

I will use a number 2 snapper sinker but before putting it on i will run one hook up the line and tie a dropper loop and theres number 1 done then run a 2nd hook up and do antoher dropper loop.

If you loose a hook just fold the line back on itself, thread the point through the eye then drop it over the tip its a quick way to get going again.

If you dontn want to do a dropper loop just grab the hook make a circle with both bits of line, put it through once then again and pull tight. not the recommended version but in rough weather those dropper loops can be a pain in the A

Archived