Offshore Tomorrow

Bi_polar

15 knots south at the cape isnt too bad i guess if you fished middle reef etc.

Was standing up at boat rock on sunday something shocking we couldn't even fish there they were too steep.

Thinking about trying to gold coast tomorrow early for a snapper but i will wait to see what the weather does this arvo, yesterday the bay was a glass out from 3pm not much happening on the fish front though.

It's nice and calm here too mate, I decided to give it a miss as i could see the storm clouds all last night and very early this morning and wasn't keen on getting a wet butt.

Maybe i'm becoming a wooz in my old age because it wouldn't have bothered me a few years ago.

Will get out in the next couple of days either way...just happy to have the trailer finished and brand new axels, brakes, suspension and draw bar will make it a dream to tow.

Was standing up at boat rock on sunday something shocking we couldn't even fish there they were too steep.

Thinking about trying to gold coast tomorrow early for a snapper but i will wait to see what the weather does this arvo, yesterday the bay was a glass out from 3pm not much happening on the fish front though.

what was the SPB like in those conditions mate?

Lets just say i wouldnt be out in anything smaller than mine lol.

The condiotions were terrible Sunday seabreeze got it wrong.

It was blowing 20-25 knots all day with 3-4m seas.

We couldnt even go boat rock. Swell was so steep.

We didnt hold anchor on middle reef either.

The bar was standing up even with a southerly swell.

It was good practice fior me for wide bay bar.

Now thats a bar haha.

Lets just say i wouldnt be out in anything smaller than mine lol.

The condiotions were terrible Sunday seabreeze got it wrong.

It was blowing 20-25 knots all day with 3-4m seas.

We couldnt even go boat rock. Swell was so steep.

We didnt hold anchor on middle reef either.

The bar was standing up even with a southerly swell.

It was good practice fior me for wide bay bar.

Now thats a bar haha.

You're crazy Shane!!! Why did you go out in that? ;)

I did SPB in 3 mtrs with Bill on the bar course. Was an awesome and scary day. He made us surf the big buggers back in through the nrth channel and south channel. Middle was way to hectic, even for Bill. However he made it look easy and safe to go out through such conditions, which it actually is not. Was funny seeing his F250 4strk go up to 40l an hour while surfing the waves.

I'm pretty happy I've gone through SPB in my boat on calm days. However I'd like to still try in a bit bigger swell to see how she handles.

Mate seabreeze got weather wrong. Forcast said 10-15knots with 2-2.5 southerly swell. Thats why we went.

We didnt think it be that bad. The weather was actually nice wider. We fished 33s in the morning. Im going to spend more time out wider now. Im begining to like fishing 60m plus now.

Shane

Mate seabreeze got weather wrong. Forcast said 10-15knots with 2-2.5 southerly swell. Thats why we went.

We didnt think it be that bad. The weather was actually nice wider. We fished 33s in the morning. Im going to spend more time out wider now. Im begining to like fishing 60m plus now.

Shane

when you're after company, you know who to sign too! Be good to have a pre-fish together before 1770. :)

Shane

when you're after company, you know who to sign too! Be good to have a pre-fish together before 1770. :)

Yeah mate im looking foward to that. I think i got Lance coming with us.

For now only thing on my mind is fishing out of double island point. We had slow day yesterday but we fished too close in. Cant wait for some good weather so i can go back out again for couple of days n head out wider to the shelf.

Shane

Yeah mate im looking foward to that. I think i got Lance coming with us.

For now only thing on my mind is fishing out of double island point. We had slow day yesterday but we fished too close in. Cant wait for some good weather so i can go back out again for couple of days n head out wider to the shelf.

Fishing 500 meters... Without an electric winch you'll be buggered after a few drifts. ;)

Very keen to fish there myself. That's my goal I'm trying to reach next year. In July I'll upgrade my tub to a barcrusher.

Getting sick of the limited speed mine has offshore in swelly conditions.

Shane

wait till you fish 300-400m shane :) pulling up 40kg groper :)

Archived