Hobie Oasis

nannah

Am considering buying a Hobie Oasis so my hubby and I can go fishing.

I have to be careful with design as I have problems with my hips and legs - so the 'width' could be an issue and getting in and out could also be an issue - but, I am prepared to FIND a way around things if I can.

Also where would be a good place to take it - IF I get it. I am currently living in Goodna - but would rather be in Hervey Bay - but, hey, you can't always have what you want.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

joy

I have just traded up from a HOBIE outback which is a single up to an Hobie outfitter which is great for two as me and the wife want to tour around in our new caravan and wanted a boat of some sort to fish from as my wife is a fishing demon as well. I can highly recommend Mal from Sunstate Hobie as he will give you great advice and service and explain to you what will suit your needs ,we are taking our outfitter up to elliot heads this weekend for a week or so I hope this helps ...Matt

post-884-144598971197_thumb.jpg

thank you Matt,

Have a great time up when you go away.

I hope to get up to the Coast in the next week or so - depends of weather - Don't want to try and 'test' it when it is $$## rain - and family committments.

The Oasis has a better Weight load than the Outfitter - so that is the one I was looking at.

Have just found out that it seems that NRMA are the only ones to insure the kayaks on the water - except White Water Rapids - so I will have to look into that as well.

IF I go ahead - IF I can get in and out - I think I'll go up to the Dam first for a short trip to get used to things.

Will have to upgrade my fishing gear as well - haven't done that for years.

Anyway, thanks guys -

Joy

Archived