Nordic fishing rods

brmil68

Can someone suggest the best rod of the nordic range to buy if I can only buy one rod but want to use it to target bream , flathead and possibly squire/snapper in the brissy river.be good to know it wont break if I manage to fluke a jew as well.I think you get the vibe.

I think they are still stocked at tackleworld castledine.Is this still the case?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers.

Brad. :cheer:

I recently brought the nordic stage sharpshooter.

Its the 7 foot 2-4kg rod I went into buying it knowing nothing about them and I love it to bits I went with the longer rod because I want to start fishing surface lures for bream and whiting in summer but found out it makes an awesome plastics rod aswell.

Its replaced 3 rods for me and caught plenty nice fish on it in the last couple of month the Best bit is its such a light rod but a good size bream or pike on the end doesnt stress the rod like I would have thought so a big fish shouldnt be an issue at all just take abit to play.

I'd personally go the sharpshooter.

I do have both Sharpshooter / Jaeger and they are both unique and stand out by far from others in their fields.

Sharpshooter gives me more casting distance in open water, which is why i prefer it for river / bay fishing ( when their is more wind also), chasing bream to snapper and everything else in between

Also, the sharpshooter/ jaeger/ gunslinger (whatever you choose ) will knock over a by catch of jew with ease.

I'm with Carter, Jaeger is the better rod in the range for me being shorter and more accurate with the same specs otherwise. It really depends on what you fish from the most, if you are landbased or out of a boat then the sharpshooter might be more suitable, if you fish from a kayak go the Jaeger.

Landed my sharpshooters pb today got a nice 54cm flathead the rod took it easy

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your new Sharpshooter Pete.

Oh I sure am Im in love with that rod haha only one I use now feel sorry for the other 3 rods it replaced.

best buy ever

Archived