Land based Jew

Hein

Hey everyone,

I went to Noosa last weekend for my fiance's sister's wedding.

Had a couple of hours to spare and what better way to spend it then to have a quick fish in a new area.

Over heard a guy at the fish n chip shop say he was diving around the rock wall at the mouth of the Noosa River and he'd seen flatty after flatty laying at the bottom so that's where I went.

So I was flickin a 5 inch Z-Man streakz (in electric chicken) and after about 10 minutes, I was hooked up!!! Felt a lot of weight but not much action which made me think 'Oh Big flathead', but then all of a sudden, it starts taking line like there's no tomorrow.

I actually had to jump off the rocks back on to solid ground and start chasing this fish which even involved running through a family's pinic!!!

Anyways, by now I had drawn a bit of a crowd (of about 30)... Eventually I start to win some line back and I see some colour... At first thought it was a big giant trevally, but was a nice big jew!!! Went 82cm which is my PB!!! My previous PB was 45cm!!! LOL

After a few snaps, the fish was released!!!

Fish was caught on a Diawa Gen Black Wicked Weasal and 2500 Freams with 6 pound braid and 8 pound fluorocarbon leader!!!

Anyways, here's a couple of pics!!!

post-10615-144598989451_thumb.jpg

post-10615-144598989459_thumb.jpg

P.S Noticed a lot of people are catching theses through the estuaries lately!!!

Thanks for reading :)

you can get one hell of a crowd along there! I once battled a sting ray in a boat about 30ft away from that wall once for around 15 minutes and felt like I was on a TV show :-) really light gear and the rod was bent over right down to the bottom!

Ill be on the rock wall tomorrow morning unless its raining like it is now. Maybe some good fish will be about but I dont use lures..I certainly miss my boat when I catch the rocks and lose my gear though :-( easier than taking the boat out...

At least you were not on the end of the wall as you dont have much room to move and its very dangerous being up that high on those big rocks...

Great work and glad to hear it went back :-)I think 75cm is the limit for QLD?

you can get one hell of a crowd along there! I once battled a sting ray in a boat about 30ft away from that wall once for around 15 minutes and felt like I was on a TV show :-) really light gear and the rod was bent over right down to the bottom!

Ill be on the rock wall tomorrow morning unless its raining like it is now. Maybe some good fish will be about but I dont use lures..I certainly miss my boat when I catch the rocks and lose my gear though :-( easier than taking the boat out...

At least you were not on the end of the wall as you dont have much room to move and its very dangerous being up that high on those big rocks...

Great work and glad to hear it went back :-)I think 75cm is the limit for QLD?

Cheers mate...

Yep 75cm for QLD... Quite big for a river fish!!!

Archived