Lowrance Insight Genesis Mapping

nabs

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone has heard about Insight Genesis. Its a fairly new online service provided for Lowrance units where you can make your own contour maps.

Basically while your out fishing you set your sounder to record sonar log and let it save all the data to an SD card. Then when you get home you upload the data on Insight Genesis and it will create contour maps based on the areas you fished and the data your sounder recorded. Pretty handy tool, especially for those guys that fish the dams or any areas that aren't well mapped.

I've been playing around with it recently and its been awesome. Heres a few screen shots I took while playing using the software.

post-107-144598990278_thumb.jpg

This is the upload software. You can chose to make your data private if you wish.

post-107-144598990289_thumb.jpg

Once the logs are uploaded you can view your Insight Genesis contour map (3ft Intervals here). The cool thing with this is that you can select anywhere on your track (Red line) and view what your sounder was seeing at that time. Can see a few fish here that were Bream.

post-107-1445989903_thumb.jpg

After uploading more logs and merging the data together you can start building your maps. So every time you go out you can keep adding to your saved map. This one is at 1ft Contour intervals and gives quite a lot of detail.

post-107-144598990388_thumb.jpg

Heres a small section of the Nerang river, as you can see from the track I went up and down once and it covered the width of the river.

post-107-144598990401_thumb.jpg

Another cool feature is that you can view all your trips information in the "Trends" tab. Data such as wind, air pressure and temperatures are all logged here. So you can start finding patterns from your trips.

Worth having a look at if you own a HDS GEN 2 or one of the Elite HDIs. I can see this becoming a really valuable tool for the guys that love their bass fishing. Have already seen a few examples of Hinze and Wivenhoe being mapped and its AWESOME!

Forgot to add, the mapping can also overlay the different bottom compositions too. So it will show darker/lighter colours for bottom hardness. Aswell as being able to map out bottom vegetation.

A few of us put our logs together from a day on the Maroochy River and from the mapping we found a few weed beds that none of us realised were there. Will see if I can get a hold of the screen shots from that and psot them up too.

• 6 months later...

Archived