Stick ya job, I'm going fishing

chubbstar

I've had a gut full of work! So I've spat the dummy :angry: and told them that I'm taking some time off. I dont have anytime in loo as I only became permanent a month ago. But they said yes (they didn't realy have a choice, It was some days off or stick ya job where the sun dont shine:P ). Anyways enough off that.

I'm going fishing :) . Now this is where you guys come into the picture. I've got all day Saturday, Monday and up till about 4pm Tuesday to hit the water.

Where do I go, any ideas?

Was thinking of hiting Scarborough Reef on Monday. I have'nt been there before, but I'm hearing good reports from there at the moment.:woohoo: . Then I would'nt mind having a go at Bribie Isle Tuesday, never been there yet.

I think Wello will be the go for Saturday as I will have the kids with me. Allways catching bream there with a chance of some Squire, Should keep the kids entertained :blink: . I'll drop a couple of pots in for Sandies as well.

What do you guys think?:huh:

Any tips on Scarborough or Bribie would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

mate if your heading up bribie theres millions of awesome boat spots.. oyster leases and creeks all along the mainland side of the passage and on the island side try around galgers point area.. theres a reef located approx here (google earth gps co-ord)

27° 1'42.00\"S

153° 6'39.60\"E its a weed/sand bank style wall with a big drop off we used to camp at galager and walk out in along the sand bank (at low tide they go for miles) and fish here catching squire/snapper/big moses perch/emporer stuff we shouldnt have got here lol

Chubbstar for Gallaghers Point use Donnybrook or Toorbul. If you look in Beacon to Beacon on page 40-50 it is (southern passage) You will see Gallaghers Point and Gutter, Poverty Creek, Mission Point and Lime Pocket. All these places can produce good fish. I have the 5th edition of Beacon to Beacon and its page 44 and 45. Hope it helps you out. If you want to know more just ask.

Archived