Recommend a reel

boon

Hey guys. I'm looking for a reel 20lbs max for my rod. If it's possible, something under $50? I know that's peanuts but I'm a student so I've gotta wait til next year to afford something better. I was at amart and the Okuma Zeon reel is at $49 after 50% discount? Are those good? Thanks

boon wrote:

Hey guys. I'm looking for a reel 20lbs max for my rod. If it's possible, something under $50? I know that's peanuts but I'm a student so I've gotta wait til next year to afford something better. I was at amart and the Okuma Zeon reel is at $49 after 50% discount? Are those good? Thanks

Good reel, if thats still a bit pricey for you, there is the shimano xr4000. Its good for 15lb drag, (rear drag reel) no bearings, all bushes, but my kids have been flogging theirs for over a year now and they are still going strong. Costs between $20 and $30 depending on where it is.

you could try the silstar hypa hf20

/>http://www.okuma.com.au/home/silstar/product_details.asp?name=hypa

its about $40-$50 from memory at bcf very cheap and reliable - i have one and its been faultless and has caught me heaps of fish - highly recomend it as a budget reel - just need to match it with a 2-4kg rod

Fisher_90 wrote:

and Motackle sell the zeon for $84.95. I forgot to get it free the Full price needs to be cheaper. So the zeon is usually $99 so its more expensive. Motackle will ship for $10

darn. ah well. will just go get it at $49 which I think is a good price anyways. Thanks anyways!

Just got back from amart and all their okuma zeon reels are sold out. Only have the small ones left. Darn guess I'll just have to wait til the next sale.

Also had a look at the shimano fx series and they were pretty good but were priced at $40 so I didn't get em.

Archived