No Japanese Scientific Research Involved Here

Gad

We all turn a blind eye to "cultural activities" in the name of political correctness.

Up in the Territory last week there was a "cultural circumcision" went wrong, and 3 young aboriginal boys wont be getting their kit off at the nude beach anymore, if you get my drift. But as it is a "cultural tradition" there wont be any charges laid.

I find that extremely distasteful.

We dont allow female genital mutilation, but because it is cultural tradition, when mutilation occurs, its fine. (And we are talking mutilation, not circumcision in this case)

Up in the Territory last week there was a "cultural circumcision" went wrong, and 3 young aboriginal boys wont be getting their kit off at the nude beach anymore, if you get my drift. But as it is a "cultural tradition" there wont be any charges laid.

Probably be ok if they used " cutting edge" technology.

Cheers

Ray

Yeah there is nothing wrong with dolphin slaughter except that they are full of mercury and the japanese where giving it to the children at school as part of a program organised by the govt and the butchers because they couldnt sell enough of it, mercury is bad for brain development and I wonder for those supporters of this slaughter wether they would eat dolphin meat regularly themselves or perhaps they do this is why they make poor judgement over this issue and say it is allright and they don't have a problem with it. This slaughter should be condemned as dolphin is no good for human consumption and all the Japanese butchers want is another quick buck after they have selected and sold off the live dolphins to marine shows the Japanese have a reputation for over fishing a lot of places through out the world for the mighty dollar.

In my mind it is all about how big or small a hypocrite you choose to be, when judging another countrys` (persons?) way of doing things, food gathering/producing ways and/or their cultures.

Pick any culture or for that matter any in use way, of animal/stock farming, food gathering, slaughter practice and you may find something to not quite be comfortable with,on your ethical/moral registers, or prejudices

Don`t get me wrong, I do not want to join the queue to hack into dolphins, nor do I want to participate in capturing a turtle and throwing (while it`s alive) it on it`s back into a cooking fire, nor do I want to hack up a speared/shot dugong while it is still alive, for a tribal/family feast while on a tour package to experience the adventures of indigenous traditional hunting using tinnies,outboards, rifles and/or steel tipped harpoons/spears.

Seal,whale,reindeer etc hunting by Inuits and other countrys`indigenous groups not my cup of coffee.

Going out fishing with intents to maxing out, if possible on bag limited species to fill the freezer,not my brand of milk to go with my coffee,either.

All the above are legal practices some where.

As previously posted… each to their own.

Yep, I actually have no problem with harvesting a few whales and dolphins as long as they are not wasted. Hunting is hunting and there are greenies that think that even capture and release is cruel and want it stopped. Each to their own, I am not suggesting that it is something that I would engage in. Have a walk through an Aussie abattoir and watch the process……that might make you a bit squeamish too, I am sure Hindus in India would like to see the slaughter of millions of cattle stopped. I just reckon that as long as the Japanese are not hassling me for eating roos occasionally, they can have a few whales and dolphins.

Each to their own as has been said a few times already.

Archived