Lake Macdonald 3 2 14

Binder

Ok, since Ray has been getting out fished regularly by his deckies of late, I thought I would take pity on him and take him fishing in my boat, so he could catch the lions share of the fish for a change. :blink:

My cunning plan worked a treat with Ray the Deckie out fishing the skipper by about 2 to 1. :S

We launched from the ramp near the cod hatchery, (as the ramp next to the Botanic Gardens was borderline for me a fortnight ago, with my car wheels only just on the concrete, and I had trouble getting traction on the mud on the ramp..)

The hatchery ramp was out of the water, but only by a few inches, easily kept the car wheels on the ramp to launch.

Launched and motored over in the general direction of the bubbler, only to find that it was not operating today, so we anchored up based on memory and fished.

Ray managed one straight away, but all was quiet after that. So we moved off to where a school had been a fortnight ago, Ray managed to pick up one on a flicka shad, but that was all. So we moved around trying different spots, picking up one or two at most spots, but no more.

Finally we ended up parked over a very small old creek bed in about 4m of water, on the flat that was only 2m deep, mainly because it was the only spot out of the wind!

There we had a slow but steady stream of fish coming in to the boat. I ended up with 6 for the day, not sure how many Ray ended up with. Anchor dragged a couple of feet as the wind had swung around, after that no more bites, so we called it a day and headed for home.

Ray on the board about 30 seconds after the first line hit the water....... :pinch:

post-11051-144599027948_thumb.jpg

My biggest for the day

post-11051-144599027956_thumb.jpg

It was a most enjoyable day being driven to destination not having to navigate or retrieve the anchor..

Can recommend the drive to the ramp very pretty driving through the trees worth the trip just for the scenery.

Only job I had was to drop and retrieve the bow mount and pass the thermos.

Caught a few bass but I think that only 4 of therm were legal.

The ramp is a bit skinny.

post-230-144599027964_thumb.jpg

Had a resident dog guarding its owners crocks whilst the owner was yakking,

post-230-144599027969_thumb.jpg

The end of the ramp has a bit of a drop off that you have to jump the trailer wheels over .

post-230-144599027973_thumb.jpg

post-230-144599027976_thumb.jpg

My best fish of the day caught on the flickershad.

post-230-14459902798_thumb.jpg

Flickershad also caught plenty of caboomba.

post-230-144599027984_thumb.jpg

This is the ramp on the botanical gardens side. May be ok with a fourbie certainly not with normal car.

post-230-144599027988_thumb.jpg

Plenty of little tackers that will be bigger next year.

Cheers

Ray

Archived