North side land based bully spots

rinkerdink

Hi,

Had a go for a bully at the weekend by the Wylie Bridge in Petrie, managed a fork tail catfish... I've tried a search and think I may even have asked this question before? But is there anywhere particularly recommended for a small bully on the north side before it's too late this year? I meant to get out chasing them earlier but have just realised I haven't done this and summer looks to be on the way out...

Thanks,

Chris

Deep water bend is a comfy spot., as long as you have lots of repellant.

Off the bank next to the boat ramp at Bob Bell park (behind Westfield at Strathpine) might be worth a shot.

Cant think of any others off the top of my head.

Perhaps the park across from the junction of the south and north pine rivers at the back of castle hill might be worth a look as well. But I dont know how easy it would be to deploy your baits there.

the beach at the back of castle hill (as mentioned) has been good for me in the past, have had nights there where we landed 6 and dropped just as many, if you can manage a pike eel when u first get there weve found their fillets to be the best bait, also have only caught them half way through tides, top and bottom of tides seem to be pretty quiet. also ive only ever fished at night for them.

keep the baits fairly small, 150mm long and 50mm wide, you will catch more catfish, but when a bully takes it u get a better hook up rate.

good luck!!

Archived