Recent trips

samsteele115

I haven't reported for a while mainly due to the severe lack of fishing form I have found myself in... Haha :dry:

I've been trying to get out to the creeks at least once a fortnight, the bass have been a bit quiet for me the last few sessions but still have been managing a few. I have also been lazy with photos on solo sessions :S. Oops.

post-11925-144599043624_thumb.jpg

Excuse the stupid face.

The past couple of months I have also been trying to crack the jack code once a fortnight or so. No luck yet, 6th session of trying. I really can't wait to see how my Nordic favourite 8-16lb will hold up to a jack, I love the feel of the rod.

They haven't been donut sessions though with a few flathead being caught and put into the esky for lunch but nothing of real size to warrant a photo.

Yesterday headed over to straddy with the family to check progress on our house being built at point lookout.

Managed to head out for a sneaky 'walk' with Nordic jaeger in hand.

I soon realised how out of place I looked in my fishing apparel, buff and all. I felt like the biggest wanker and I was sure every one of the thousands of people on the beach were staring at me. :D Never again!! Really didn't think that one through. I was only being sunsmart I swear :(

The tide was high with plenty of big waves from main to deadman's beaches so I couldn't fish the places I wanted, instead fished the gutter off the cylinder beach point. Managed 3 dart on a 1/2oz switchblade.

post-11925-144599043635_thumb.jpg

It was the first time I wished I was using bait, as the kids next to me were pulling in dart after dart from the gutter :silly:

I also made it a goal of mine to kayak out to shag rock to chase some bigger stuff. (It isn't a green zone, is it?)

post-11925-144599043995_thumb.jpg

Great sunset whilst waiting for the barge home

post-11925-144599044007_thumb.jpg

Finally have a break from work next week, so it's time to hit the salt.

Good report mate, hope you get a jack before winter. Are you moving to Pt Lookout to live? If so I envy you!!!

I will give the jacks a rest for a while and might go and chase some snapper this week instead :).

Nope it won't be me, it is my parents retirement project that will be used as a holiday house for years to come.

Great location; just behind the gelati shop and Look Cafe etc and should get some ocean views. Should be done by Christmas all things going well! Can't wait.

Archived