Tournament 1800 fuel tank flooding

Miller 197

Hi all,

Just a quick one for the tournament owners out there.. just seeing if anyone else has had the same problem and have found a soloution..

We have a 1800 bluewater half cab.. and the other day we noticed that the area which the under-floor fuel tank sits was full of water and the fueltank was actually floating!! We siphoned the water out and there must have been about 40L of water sitting in there... which has been in there for god nows how long..

When the boat gets washed or it rains some of the water runs down the deck and into the square hole that the fuel hoses come out of and there is no way for the water to get out :angry: ... i have attached a pic of where the water goes down.

Has anyone else discovered this problem and/or found a soloution??

Thanks

Chris

post-11621-144599053971_thumb.jpg

looks like you do not have sealed floors. Without being familiar with your situation i would either drill a hole in the fuel tank area to allow water to drain into the bilge of the boat or if that is something you are not keen on then a small bilge pump and plumbing would suffice. Do not see anyway you can stop water getting in there.

Are you sure there's not a bung in the wall separating the compartment. I recently purchased a cruise craft and there are a few bungs separating different areas under floor mainly in the transom area.

It just seems like such a simple design flaw that surely should have been attended too. But I'm with rayke get in touch with tournament. It's in their best interest to resolve the problem quickly and quietly. Cheers all the best

Archived