Importing from the states

Farawayfishing

I talk a lot of $ht I know nothing about Sam. :pinch:

I'll have a look through the paperwork I have and see what I can find for you Cal.

The guy I bought it from used a broker and said it was quite time consuming but quite easy.

The biggest thing is the trailer. I spent a bit of money sorting out the suspension, although it meet Australian standards the springs were not a stock size. Instead of importing with the trailer I would have a custom made trailer here so you have no problems.

get onto member bipolar he imported one a couple of years ago.. I had a neighbor who used to go to the states for 3 weeks every year and purchase a boat over there and get a trailer custom made to comply with australian adrs. He used to keep boat for year and flog it and back to states to purchase another one,

If you do not get special trailer made and choose to modify one be prepared for hassles as they are very strict on imported trailers re width,couplings,brakes and the longer the boat sits on the docks waiting trailer compliance you are recking up expensive demurrage fees.

Cheers

Ray

Hi Cal,

I contacted my boats previous owner and he would recommend a guy called import- USA-boat Ian McIndoe.

Here is an old thread he posted on another forum that maybe useful.
/>http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/archive/index.php/t-186785.html?s=3d751b85236792fdc24bb20d97861724

Archived