2015 PB Tailor

Joe K

Hi Guys,

I went for a quick fish at Narrowneck last night arriving at 7pm. With the high tide at 9pm it gave me 2 hours of fishing. There was a light SE breeze and reasonable seas but no fishos on the beach. I put on the biggest pilly on the 4/0 ganged hooks, waded into the surf and cast it 40m into the gutter. The pilly drifted 10m with the Northerly sweep and my rod was yanked down hard. I leaned back with the rod setting the hooks and the fish took off. As I fish with 100% drag I was dragged into deeper water by the struggling fish as it swam with the sweep. I let the fish struggle against the surf rod and I started to walk backwards up the beach pulling the fish with me. One last effort to escape in the shallow water and a big wave washed it onto the beach. Hooray! My 2015 PB tailor! :lol:

I cast for the next 30 minutes without a bite. I find greenbacks usually swim alone when they scour a gutter for baitfish. A school of sea bream appeared and I managed to land two 31 & 34cm bream. The seas got rougher with big rollers coming in so at 8.45pm I called it a night. Happy tailoring!

Cheers... Joe.

post-10975-144599121945_thumb.jpg

post-10975-144599121955_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! I really enjoy writing up a fishing trip with some pics for you fellas. I was stoked with my 2015 PB tailor and was almost praying it would touch 60cm as I dragged it to the mat. I even tried stretching it on the mat to no avail! :lol:

Damian, you have a great opportunity to land these greenbacks as you can cast much further than me with a pilly. I'm looking forward to see your pic of a 60cm plus greenback. I did not get a touch from the smaller chopper tailor last night. I guess they have mostly migrated up North.

KMCrosby, my Shimano Bullseye is spooled with 20lb braid. I have a spare spool with 30lb braid but the heavier braid compromises my casting distance.

I shared the tailor with my house painter who loves tailor. The thick fillets we had for dinner tonight were thick and juicy. Yum!

Archived