Canyon Kayak

Wilson

G'day all

I am thinking of buying the Canyon Kayak from Anaconda (yellow one in pic) for $199.00 it sounds like a bargain and it looks like it would be ideal for places like the Albert (my new favourite place) and Mt Crosby. The guy at Anaconda reckons it was crap and I should look at the $600 one. I know bugger all about Kayaks and don't know if he was just after a higher sale. I'm only really after something that'll get me closer to the snags not win races. Does it sound like a bargain or should I stick to the banks???

Cheers

Greg

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Canyon_Kayak_AFO.jpg

post-2060-144598430497_thumb.jpg

It's probably like buying cheap fishing gear. It'll do the job, but for how long, and how long will it be until you want to upgrade to the better stuff that does it all so much better?

Things like storage/stowage, stability, ability to add on all the extras when you get keener etc.

I'd love a nice yak for the western rivers, but don't do it often enough to justify the outlay yet. That's why I have a state of the art $20 blow up boat from BigW:blush:

:laugh:

ha ha, seen a blow up from Kmart for $14, but I had a bad run on one of those about 7 years ago (Stu would remember this) I was at mt Crosby (above the main weir) paddling across and was in about the middle and knocked my rod into the drink (about a $220.00 combo) I had about a couple hundred $ worth of lures spread across my gut so I couldn't just leap in after it other wise I could of lost $400 down the crapper, so instead I just drifted for about 5 mins dumafounded and devastated:( at my loss, oh well that's fishin I guess, anyway thanks for the comments ellicat:)I guess I'll have to sleep on it.

Archived