Landbased Dam and River Bassin

Joe K

Hi Guys,

Paul and I finished work early and started casting at 5pm. The water was cool and the baby bass were hungry. As the sun was setting the big girls arrived. We ended the day with 20 bass. On the way home the humidity rose and I suggested we try topwater river bassin. In 45mins we got heaps of hits landing only 8 bass. What a great way to end the week.:D

Cheers... Joe. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Norm! What are skins? I say wear whatever works for you. It's not worth the days of constant itching. :no: I'll be wearing track suit pants not shorts in future. 

Just walk and cast blades and spinnerbaits till you find the bass school. I forgot to mention we saw a 75cm juvenile brown snake swimming 15 metres from the shore. 

skins are basically skin tight clothes that athletes were to help with muscle endurance. you can get long sleeve tops and long bottoms. imagine road cyclists and what they wear...pretty much that

leg skins are very popular with the hobie kayak anglers as it allows their legs to not fatigue as quickly

8 bass on top water is a cracker effort! im still looking for my first top water bass...

Thanks guys for the education on "skins"! I'll take the skins photo to A Mart with me. 

Any river downstream from the dam gates will hold bass. Casting topwater lures around the break of dawn or around last light (dusk) will almost guarantee surface strikes.

15 hours ago, Joe K said:

Thanks guys for the education on "skins"! I'll take the skins photo to A Mart with me. 

Any river downstream from the dam gates will hold bass. Casting topwater lures around the break of dawn or around last light (dusk) will almost guarantee surface strikes.

thanks for the tip...guess what ill be doing this week...

Archived