Trailer Brakes

blockah

Might be a silly question but here goes,

I went out this morning & a real scary noise started  coming from the trailer & my mate & i decided it was the brake pads, 

when asking for the  brake pads do they go by trailer brand or trailer size or do all trailers run the same pads etc ???.

it's a 4.8m on a sea-link trailer. thanks   ;)

Why not jack up a wheel, give it a spin and see where the noise is coming from before you go out to buy parts?

on a related note, a couple of years ago I followed a guy along Lytton Road and into the Colmslie boat ramp. Landcruiser Safari towing a brand new fibreglass cruiser. Smoke was pouring off his trailer wheels. The guy got out at the ramp and I stopped beside him. This was the maiden voyage for the new rig and he thought the boat shop must have forgotten to put grease in his bearings. I suggested he check the lever controlling the trailer brakes. Bingo, brakes had been on from Centenary to Colmslie.  Maiden voyage deferred so he could get the trailer checked out. Could happen to anyone I guess.

Is the noise only when you brake?

If so good chance that the pads have had it. Pull them off and take to any spare parts shop and they should be able to match them. Also check the discs for wear/grooves.

Active fabrications at Beenleigh good place on the southside.

Cheers

Ray

Archived