Ben_849

Hey guys

just wanted to pop my head in and say hello.

new member/first post

bit about me, 32 yrs old live in alderley. Bought a 5.3m tinny last year and I'm hooked on fishing

always keen to learn and chat

mainly fish the estuaries chasing the normal species bream, snapper flatties etc

always been a bait enthusist and I'm trying to get in to soft plastics but still yet to Break the duck, frustrating the hell out of me.

thanks for reading, always keen to learn off a local so I will keep popping up in here now and again

cheers

Benimage.thumb.jpeg.a7ca8cc2b01d9be5f7d1ae4

Sounds like getting out with someone who fishes plastics is the go. If you are truly persisting and not converting there has to be something in the technique or gear holding you back. Once you have it down pat its pretty easy. I am not saying every fish is a monster, but getting fish is no trouble. It is a big confidence thing as well. I went out with a mate @Drop Bear on Sunday. He was not so confident but aftet landing a stonker bream this changed. I know he has already been out since and converted a few more times!

Welcome to the site mate I hope it gives you some good info.

Angus 

Welcome Ben. Being a boat owner too I guarantee you'll be able to find someone with lure experience to head out with you. Don't be afraid to put up a post on here if you are looking for someone to jump on board, you never know. 

Starting in the estuaries is a very good idea too. Flathead on plastics is probably the most basic form of lure fishing and can be very rewarding too, so I recommend that as a starting point to get the confidence under your belt. 

With a 5.3m boat too it's probably perfect for bay and offshore fishing so when you feel like you want to catch a wider range of species that's an option as well 

Thanks for the welcome

All good advice 

thinking of heading out this Sunday if the celebrations don't go to long Saturday night

was planning bribie, but the wind looks a little iffy

thoughts or recommendations for fishing in a south westerly

On 27 May 2016 at 8:48 AM, timtam_ said:

Welcome Ben. I'm also in Alderley, Graham Street. Might have to go out one day soon and chase some flatties or snaps along the rockwall just outside the mouth.

Thanks for the reply mate, 

always happy to meet new people so if i

ever am on my lonesome going for a fish I'll shoot you a message on here if you're keen 

On 28 May 2016 at 6:24 PM, Ben_849 said:

Thanks for the reply mate, 

always happy to meet new people so if i

ever am on my lonesome going for a fish I'll shoot you a message on here if you're keen 

Good thing I didn't invite a deckhand this week

no fish and best of all

6km away from the ramp at bribie.....engine alarmed....into limp mode 1300 rpm or 4mph back 

took just over an hour, first issue I've had with the boat, oil related. Hoping it's just a filter ( more likely a sensor) but haven't had a chance to fault find yet 

Archived