Penn Live Liner 560l

New purchase says.....USA made

First bait runner type of reel owned

when the rear drag is backed off all the way....there still seems to be a pound or 2 of drag on

how free should it be? l was hopeing to have it very light or it defeats the purpose of this reel

• 4 weeks later...

Have not owned a bait/liner runner for many years. When I did they could be backed off to no drag at all. 

The Shimano ones I had had an adjustment for the line runner on the bottom of the reel. Turning it anticlockwise lessened the line drag. l'm not referring to the main drag that is on the top of the reel. 

Does this reel have adjustment knob for the line seperate? 

2 minutes ago, Luvit said:

Have not owned a bait/liner runner for many years. When I did they could be backed off to no drag at all. 

The Shimano ones I had had an adjustment for the line runner on the bottom of the reel. Turning it anticlockwise lessened the line drag. l'm not referring to the main drag that is on the top of the reel. 

Does this reel have adjustment knob for the line seperate? 

yep

Reels-Penn-Slammer-Live-Liner-560.jpg

yep the triton mod i have 4500 in the back of my car i will put carbontex washers in it and it will be better than new .

i would like to see my sustains stradics and my saragosa last 20+ years but not bloody likely they just don't

make'em to last any more they just pull the wool over every ones eyes and sell an inferior product  well i

suppose they are light

Thanks All 

with use.......it has freed up somewhat

still has some slight drag plus the....... drag due to the clicker

guess it will free up more with use

if not a pull down to see haw much grease is in there?

seems a solid reel...based on the slammer l think

Archived