Quintrex Hornet Draft Q

sikadog

Hello.

I have been searching high and low for draft figures on the Hornet range of Quintrex boats with no joy. Even asked on their FB page 3 weeks ago with no reply?

Listed on some models are figures like 0.93 which is nonsense. That is something you might see on a displacement style boat.

Eg for the 445  Draft: 91cm. Deadrise: 16°. Weight: 317kg 

91cm!!! That is just under a meter, surely they should get that figure right.

So what are they? 9-11"??

Help please.

Why not ring factory? I think that there is no standard for measuring the draft but general rule of thumb used to be measurement to lowest part of hull when the boat is fully loaded. Maybe they measure to the skeg of the outboard .

Telwater also offer free factory tours on weekdays which are very well worth while.

Cheers

Ray

The "depth" measure may be the internal depth. ;)

The draft will be similar to, if not a bit less than, comparable vessels of the same size. From memory the Quintrex range in smaller tinnies have both sides and bottom made from sub 2mm aluminium.

At the end of the day the empty figures won't tell you what the draft is when you have the boat loaded with gear, fuel, people, etc, etc. Allow 50cm and you will be close, I reckon.

2 hours ago, Luvit said:

I had a 5m Hornet Trophy.

The draft was close enough to 50cm.

Thats a fair draft for a boat that supposedly says it is a shallow water boat.

This is the answer I got from Quintrex.

Thank you for your enquiry. We don’t build boats to survey and we don't offer a draft measurement. The deadrise angle is variable. You can get a general introduction to our boats in the Quintrex Brochure. For more information please contact your local dealer.

First time Ive had that as an answer from any manufacturer.

Man, this is odd stuff. Draft is a very common figure when listing boats.

Archived