Bay Sesh

Ovington

I didn't manage to find a fishing buddy this time so went for a solo session this morning. The wind wasn't bad on the way out and by the time I got to Mud island it was already dying off. I continued past Mud for a few ks before the birds started showing interest and I saw the telltale signs of some tuna busting. As per usual they were out of casting distance. I opted for the heavy rod first to get marks on the board and managed 1 longy 96cm on a Maria Bullchop. Due to fish busting around me and lack of ability my selfie was indistinguishable and the fish was thrown back. My lure was in a horrible mess so I threw out the pink Zman on the lighter rod (8-17lb dobyns) and was working it deep even though I couldn't see much acivity. Couple of twitches and my drag was singing and my arms were crying. This fish was a bit more stubborn and dogged it out for about 25mins before the awkward solo tail grab secured my PB moreton bay Longtail of 110cm. My arms were dead so swapped my lure onto the heavy rod and managed to snag a third longtail just under 1m on the Zman once again. Nice to find some fish that actually eat in the bay! 

Had a short tussle with a little mac tuna also closer to mud and released it boat side... To finish up I decided to try my luck at getting some dinner. Managed a handful of legal schoolies and a squid to top off the seafood basket.

Also saw a couple pods of whales around mud which were welcome visitors. 

Apologies for the bad pics

received_10154029967369016.jpeg20161007_072934.jpg20161007_072949.jpg20161007_072642.jpgreceived_10154029603794016.jpegreceived_10154029965399016.jpegreceived_10154029964944016.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Luvit said:

Unreal day and that 3rd photos is a pearlier, especially for a selfie.

The feed looks so good.

Thanks mate was pretty impressed with that one too. Phone selfie cam on self timer leaning against my leccy sounder hah. Good to break the Moreton Bay Longie draught with a hat trick

I AM SOOOO GUTTED O COULDNT MAKE IT!!! All day I was cleaning, mowing, snippering and drowning in my own sorrows at the beauty of the day and wishing I was out there with you!!!!

Im also a midweeker (especially school hours) but need a little notice so if you are thinking about heading out again next week PLEEEEEEEASE let me know!!!

Yeah Always happy to have a decky onboard. The plastic was a 5" zman bubblegum streakz. first fish was on a 1oz next was a 3/8 oz. As far as the macks go I follow birds watch for bait and am aware of what mackerel look like on my sounder first 2 were in whoop whoop other ones were on shipping markers

9 minutes ago, Ovington said:

cheers mate. Thought you might have been a bit busy with the new bub and all so didn't hassle you but will in future hah

Truth be told I doubt i would have done it. Quick whiting session down the rd is ok but whole day offshore is a lot to ask right now. I am accruing brownie points for png!!!!

Archived