Don't Know Where To Go

hooklineandsinker

Ferg and I are going to Ningi creek tomorrow, launching kayaks at the ramp down near the mouth about 7am - bigish high tide at 10am, going to fish the 3 hours leading up to it, then paddle home when the tide changes.

If your on the north side of Brisbane, South Pine river, launching behind westfield shopping centre at Bob Bell park ramp and work your way up to the road bridge - tide is perfect for it. Tide will be at least an hour later up towards the road bridge though, so 10:30 to 11 before it changes  - take you  an hour or two to work your way up to the road bridge, so if you decide to give it a go - I would launch there about 9ish.

PS - DO NOT be on this river before tide is half in or after it is half out tomorrow. Big tides and it will run hard when the water is low, there is a couple of shallow areas that become rapids when water is low and the tide is running hard, not the place for an inexperienced kayaker.

That's a great stretch up behind the cop shop as well, a few canoe launching ramps to have a rest at as you go upstream, I didn't suggest it as I dont know if the ramp has be reopened where the old rail bridge was (And both the canoe ramps I am familiar with are a long portage in from where you can park your car). Love paddling up there, but never caught much there.

Archived