A Class Weekend

Fishaman

Well it started on Thursday evening attending Bruce Springsteen in concert. Got home and had a few hours sleep. Up and at em early and headed for Agnes Water. I was heading up there to lay out where the shed will go on the 4 acres we bought late last year. I got that done and headed back to my mates where he was waiting with the tinny for a quick dash out to one of his close marks. Sea was a little bumpy for a 4.2m tinny but we got out to the spot about 7ks out without too much trouble. We did a few drifts for a couple of good runs that didn't stay pinned and about 4 bust offs (mackerel for sure). We headed in and got our stuff ready for Saturday which was a half day on Hooked On 1770 charters. A big feed of homemade chicken red curry, a few beers and the odd grumble about "people who book half days charters" but beggars can't be choosers, we got a spot because of late cancellations.

5am Saturday and we were up having a cuppa, making sandwiches and slip slop slapping. Met Damian the skipper of Hooked on 1770 Charters at 6am and we were off in beautiful seas. The first couple of hours were pretty slow but Damo works hard to get onto fish so we moved around until we found them. The next 2 hours saw some quality fish come over the gunnels. I got my PB Nannygai and PB Cobia. My mate got his PB cobia and PB cod. Everyone on board the charter scored a feed and there were plenty of agreeable comments for the people on the beach when we arrived back on land with a charter operators big esky overflowing with fish. 

Headed back to to old mates place to clean and fillet the fish. It was hot thirsty work but we made sure we kept the fluids up. A big feed of fresh battered cobia and it was lights out. I got up early this morning and drove home the back way through Biggenden and Woolooga.

Here's some pics
Attached Images Attached Images

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

18 minutes ago, Fishaman said:
Well it started on Thursday evening attending Bruce Springsteen in concert. Got home and had a few hours sleep. Up and at em early and headed for Agnes Water. I was heading up there to lay out where the shed will go on the 4 acres we bought late last year. I got that done and headed back to my mates where he was waiting with the tinny for a quick dash out to one of his close marks. Sea was a little bumpy for a 4.2m tinny but we got out to the spot about 7ks out without too much trouble. We did a few drifts for a couple of good runs that didn't stay pinned and about 4 bust offs (mackerel for sure). We headed in and got our stuff ready for Saturday which was a half day on Hooked On 1770 charters. A big feed of homemade chicken red curry, a few beers and the odd grumble about "people who book half days charters" but beggars can't be choosers, we got a spot because of late cancellations.

5am Saturday and we were up having a cuppa, making sandwiches and slip slop slapping. Met Damian the skipper of Hooked on 1770 Charters at 6am and we were off in beautiful seas. The first couple of hours were pretty slow but Damo works hard to get onto fish so we moved around until we found them. The next 2 hours saw some quality fish come over the gunnels. I got my PB Nannygai and PB Cobia. My mate got his PB cobia and PB cod. Everyone on board the charter scored a feed and there were plenty of agreeable comments for the people on the beach when we arrived back on land with a charter operators big esky overflowing with fish. 

Headed back to to old mates place to clean and fillet the fish. It was hot thirsty work but we made sure we kept the fluids up. A big feed of fresh battered cobia and it was lights out. I got up early this morning and drove home the back way through Biggenden and Woolooga.

Here's some pics
Attached Images Attached Images

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

Got shown a pic of that 21kg cod yeaterday arvo mate. Great fish! 

1 minute ago, demarc said:

3 degrees... Friend at 1770 knows him and his wife. She showed me all the pics Sunday arvo before I headed home from 1770.

Ahhhh right. Yeah I have been long time friends with them both. Good bloke, mad as a cut snake and loves his fishing.I'll tell him he's famous on the interweebs :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived