Question For Hervey Bay Locals Or Regulars

Brissy_yaker

Hey Guys the wife and I are considering a seachange move from Brisbane and we both love Hervey Bay and could be a possibility. My question is how is it like boating/fishing on wkends up there with boat traffic and trailer parking at ramps etc? Obviously around holiday periods would be busy but going out from Brisbane bay side ramps as we all know can get hectic on good weather days and parking becomes a pain and ramp traffic can be ridiculous.We holidayed up there in October last year and I kayaked off Gatakers bay and was so quiet and peaceful during the week i wish i never had to work during the week! But would like to know how it gets on wkends. Cheers!

I try and do a few trip to HB a year. I avoid peak holiday times but otherwise found it to be the same as anywhere else. The ramp at Urangan is a great facility with 24 petrol availbe enough room for 6-8 boat to launch at once and a good amount of parking. Best to go during the week if at all possible. 

38 minutes ago, samsteele115 said:

But in comparison to a moreton bay ramp @Luvit its no where near as busy. And depending where you go you dont see anywhere near as many boats as moreton bay. I remember weekends heading to the top of the island and only seeing 3 or 4 boats all day.

Yes Sam's right, less busy most of the time compared to Moreton Bay. I suppose 95% of the time launch before light and retrieve late and rarely have had to wait for other boats. I have seen on good weather days and a long weekend where the trailers are parked all the way down the street when the car park is full. Guess that's what I meant by the same as everywhere else. HBay offers so much to a fisher-person good luck with your plans. 

Archived