Sunken Boat

rickmarlin62

I read the story those guys are bloody lucky the other boat was 150m away! I don't understand the bouancy under floor thing. I thought all sealed in floor boats have that.... What could have been causing all the water to come in that fast two bilge pumps were not keeping up with it??? 

23 hours ago, natang said:

I read the story those guys are bloody lucky the other boat was 150m away! I don't understand the bouancy under floor thing. I thought all sealed in floor boats have that.... What could have been causing all the water to come in that fast two bilge pumps were not keeping up with it??? 

"At the start of 2015 we started to use the boat while we had floatation ordered and the built in fuel tanks to be fabricated and fitted."

"But with the wind (which by this time is blowing at about 50 knots and kicking up a big swell with heaps of white caps) "

*@%# lucky guys. 

22 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

"At the start of 2015 we started to use the boat while we had floatation ordered and the built in fuel tanks to be fabricated and fitted."

"But with the wind (which by this time is blowing at about 50 knots and kicking up a big swell with heaps of white caps) "

*@%# lucky guys. 

So you are saying they started with an open boat and built everything in... As the article read the had the cockpit built in previously.... Yeah 50 knots is pretty *@%# horrendous to think of..... Seems like they totally miss read the weather and are trying to cover up for that.... They are bloody lucky... However some amazing photos! 

Archived