Cricket Shame & Joke.

rayke1938

agreed. But I feel the penalty will be more along he lines of huge fines and 12 month bans

its one thing for NRL players to dance around the salary caps (and lets be honest, most of them would have no idea about the ins and outs of their contract and how it fins in to the clubs cap) or to take a substance that one doctor days is legit and the other says no its banned (Cronulla, Essendon). But to hatch a plan to deliberately cheat on the international stage...there is no excuse. Unless cricket Australia wants to be the laughing stock of the game for the next decade, they have to ban the players for good.

on another note, can you just imagine the Barmy Army writing their jingles about this already? part of me cant wait to hear what they come up with

10 hours ago, ellicat said:

Why is shining the bejeesus out of one side of the ball not ball tampering ?

one is attempting to maintain the original newness/quality started with, on that side of the ball , not degrading it unnaturally to the match/game, in play :)

1 hour ago, Dinodadog said:

Speed the ball is bowled at I cant see where it would make a difference, you cant convince me that taking a bit of shine off or on the ball would make a difference, it doesnt make sense.

They are fools and they have disgraced all Australian sports forever and ever.  I hope that none of them play another game in there lives including domestic cricket... but that wont happen.

The plan was to put the sticky crap from some old tape on the rough side of the ball to hopefully get some grass or dirt to stick to that side. If it was possible to stick stuff to one side  it would have made it swing. 

Archived