Nrl 2020

ellicat

Well, it`s been a long off season (as usual 😆)  but things are starting to stir 🙂
All Stars Indigenous and Maori male and female teams double-header

Saturday, February 22. Cbus Super Stadium
Kick-off time: Women's - 4:10pm; Men's - 7:10pm Qlder Time
GEM- 4.00PM Womens... Ch 9- 7.00PM mens... Qlder Time

also on Fox, Live Pass, Kayo, check your TV guide for your local broadcast times

World Club Challenge NRL  Sydney Roosters V Super League  St Helens 

Sunday 23 FEB, 5.45AM kick-off. Qlder Time..... Venue: The Totally Wicked Stadium in St Helens,  England.
The match will be broadcast live across Australia on 9GEM  and Fox League  

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/25/2020-nrl-trial-dates-sharks-and-bulldogs-to-play-in-port-moresby/

Fans can get an early gauge on pre-season form heading into the 2020 Telstra Premiership with NRL.com live-streaming a host of trials.

NRL Account holders will have free access - via the website or the NRL App - to five matches this weekend and another seven next weekend as all 16 teams complete preparations for the season ahead.

This week's live streams kick off with Parramatta taking on Souths at Wentworthville on Friday night.

On Saturday, NRL.com will broadcast the Storm's clash with the Warriors at Palmerston North, Newcastle v Dragons at Maitland, Panthers v Tigers at Penrith, Broncos v Cowboys at Cairns.

Next Saturday night, NRL.com will broadcast a pre-game show before the EISS Super Sapphire Trial Tribute between the Panthers and Eels trial in Bega.

Why you should sign up for an NRL Account

The game is part of a three-day festival, which will include a free concert headlined by ARIA award-winning Australian artist Amy Shark. The trial was relocated from Penrith to support the South Coast region and honour firefighters and volunteers.

There will also be live coverage on February 29 of the Storm v Cowboys at Melbourne, Roosters v Knights at Gosford, Bulldogs v Raiders at Port Macquarie, Broncos v Titans at Redcliffe.

The final two trials of the pre-season - Sharks v Manly at Kogarah and Warriors v Tigers at Rotorua - will also be live-streamed.

This Saturday's All Stars game will be broadcast on Channel 9 and Fox League. The WCC final and the Charity Shield will also be shown live on Fox League.

NRL trial dates

All kick-offs listed as local time

February 14: NRL Nines, HBF Park, Perth 4pm
February 15: NRL Nines, HBF Park, Perth 10.15am
February 15: Broncos v Capras, Rockhampton, 7pm
February 21: Titans v Burleigh, Burleigh, 7pm
February 21: Broncos v Wynnum, Wynnum Juniors, 7pm
February 21: Eels v Rabbitohs, Wentworthville, 7pm
February 22: All Stars - men's and women's Indigenous v NZ Maori, Cbus Super Stadium, 7pm
February 22: Knights v Dragons, Maitland, 5.30pm
February 22: Cowboys v Broncos, Cairns, 7pm
February 22: Sharks v Bulldogs, Port Moresby, 5pm
February 22: Warriors v Storm, Palmerston North, 5pm
February 22: Panthers v Wests Tigers, Penrith, 7pm
February 23: St Helens v Roosters, Totally Wicked Stadium, 6.45am AEDT (7.45pm Saturday local)
February 29: EISS Super Sapphire Trial Tribute - Panthers v Eels, Bega, 4pm
February 29: Broncos v Titans, Redcliffe, 7pm
February 29: Storm v Cowboys, Casey Fields, 5.30pm
February 29: Roosters v Knights, Central Coast Stadium, 7pm
February 29: Bulldogs v Raiders, Port Macquarie, 7pm
February 29: Rabbitohs v Dragons, Charity Shield, Mudgee, 7pm
March 1: Warriors v Wests Tigers, Rotorua, 2pm
March 1: Sharks v Sea Eagles, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, 6pm

40 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Just watched the World Club Challenge. Pretty good game that started at one hell of a pace.

St Helens played well but execution close to the line let them down. I really like only having one referee (well two if you count Jake Friend), it lets the game flow.  Roosters look a different side without Cronk.

Last night’s All Star game was a great spectacle as well. Bring on the real season!

I can see you've joined, Greg. They don't send a weekly email. I'll occasionally post a reminder in this thread, depending how close the competition is 😜

From memory we're still waiting on

@Old Scaley
@kmcrosby78 and
@Drop Bear

from last years crew.

I've invited Jamie Soward and Craig Wing into this year's comp for a bit of fun.

9 hours ago, ellicat said:

I can see you've joined, Greg. They don't send a weekly email. I'll occasionally post a reminder in this thread, depending how close the competition is 😜

From memory we're still waiting on

@Old Scaley
@kmcrosby78 and
@Drop Bear

from last years crew.

I've invited Jamie Soward and Craig Wing into this year's comp for a bit of fun.

I can see me in the list, Brian.  Do I need to do anything else?

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

I can see me in the list, Brian.  Do I need to do anything else?

No, I can see you there now so all good. Kelvin too.

57 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Yep, remember to tip AGAINST the Titans more times than you tip for them ........ 🤣             

All signed up @ellicat🙂 Now to do some research .......

I think it will be a really tight comp this year with each team's signings and new coaches etc. I'll be waiting for the team lists to drop before finalising the week 1 tips.

I must be getting excited - i dreamt about this thread last night haha

On 29/02/2020 at 9:30 AM, ellicat said:

I think it will be a really tight comp this year with each team's signings and new coaches etc. I'll be waiting for the team lists to drop before finalising the week 1 tips.

yes, it is looking like it will be a tight comp this year, some teams have bought well, some have let a number of players go to allow some next generation players to move up the order.
The only certainties I can see in 2020 is: Milford is not worth his $million per season contract, neither is Ash Taylor, Ben Hunt was smart taking the Dragon`s $million per season and with the amount of time Alfie Langer spends on the field per game, he must be in with a chance to score at least one try this season 😆

• 2 weeks later...

With all this wind around this week and next week thank f##* the football season is kicking off this week to fill the gap left by not fishing. Foolishly, I am trying the fantasy league (NRL) this season. Tried it a few years ago when I was still working but didn’t have the time to do it properly. There is a bit involved in setting up and maintaining your teams. The team I set up on Monday is already wrong because of players not selected or late injuries so I need to do some repair work before kick off tomorrow night.  Anyone else doing a fantasy league?  Any other Broncos fans think that J Bird (aka Mr Glass) should surrender his salary cap and take up a safe sport like knitting? Seriously, how long do we have to wait to see some return on investment?

Bring on NRL 2020!!!

Yeah, I'm doing Supercoach again this season. Decided to do it on Friday. I've been doing little else since... There's a lot of info to get thru.

Bird might come good one day. I remember a certain B Marshall at the Tigers having 4 shoulder reconstructions. He came good.
Also the Tigers put up with a couple of season ending knee injuries to a certain James Tedesco. At least we got some value out of him before he defected.

As for return on investment - I think the Broncos are still waiting for Milf to replicate his one good season too.

Are you doing the NRL Fantasy or the Supercoach one ? If you're on the Supercoach one we could setup a 'Rivalry'.

20 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Yeah, I'm doing Supercoach again this season. Decided to do it on Friday. I've been doing little else since... There's a lot of info to get thru.

Bird might come good one day. I remember a certain B Marshall at the Tigers having 4 shoulder reconstructions. He came good.
Also the Tigers put up with a couple of season ending knee injuries to a certain James Tedesco. At least we got some value out of him before he defected.

As for return on investment - I think the Broncos are still waiting for Milf to replicate his one good season too.

Are you doing the NRL Fantasy or the Supercoach one ? If you're on the Supercoach one we could setup a 'Rivalry'.

All wise thoughts @ellicat. I am on NRL Fantasy this year. Probably too much work to change now.

NOTE: Times listed are eskimo (AEDT) times not real Qlder time, so check your local TV guides

NRL 2020: ROUND ONE - MARCH 12-15

Eels v Bulldogs @ Bankwest Stadium, Thursday, March 12, 8.05pm (AEDT). Nine/Fox   

Raiders v Titans @ GIO Stadium, Friday, March 13, 6.00pm (AEDT).| Fox

Cowboys v Broncos @ Townsville Stadium, Friday, March 13, 8.05pm (AEDT). Nine/Fox   

Knights v Warriors @ McDonald Jones Stadium, Saturday, March 14, 3.00pm (AEDT). Fox

Rabbitohs v Sharks @ ANZ Stadium, Saturday, March 14, 5.30pm (AEDT). Fox

(AEDT).Panthers v Roosters @ Panthers Stadium, Saturday, March 14, 7.35pm (AEDT). Fox

Sea Eagles v Storm @ Lottoland, Sunday, March 15, 4.05pm (AEDT) Nine/Fox   

Dragons v Tigers @ WIN Stadium, Sunday, March 15, 6.15pm (AEDT) Fox

Good luck to one and all... 🤔 then again...........🤣