Fishing Over Easter?

Angus

Anchored to LBG, so this busy PH weekend can be quite frustrating with all the crowds, boats around the shoreline....actively looking for a boat for sure!!! Tayt and I may try some mudflats/wading to avoid crowds.

You seem to be kept busy with x2 kiddies mate, 2 is easy!!! No excuses, get out on that water.....full moon so perhaps a night fish or do you use that time to sleep!

2 hours ago, Simo68 said:

Anchored to LBG, so this busy PH weekend can be quite frustrating with all the crowds, boats around the shoreline....actively looking for a boat for sure!!! Tayt and I may try some mudflats/wading to avoid crowds.

You seem to be kept busy with x2 kiddies mate, 2 is easy!!! No excuses, get out on that water.....full moon so perhaps a night fish or do you use that time to sleep!

Not the kids holding me back this weekend. An epic ammount of research paper writing due next week! Will still get a good bbq in tomorrow though with neighbours.

On 30/03/2018 at 7:04 AM, Angus said:

So who has big plans for the easter break?

I am mostly family and uni commitments but I look forward to dropping some pots for hopefully a few crabs (1 will do!!!!) for Easter Sunday...

Looking forward to some good reports :)

Angus

I am the same @angus, fair bit of uni to get ahead of, plus all the usual domestic duties. 

I planned to duck out early this morning by myself, nice little window.

Unfortunately, fate wouldn't have it. Couldn't get the boat across the yard, have never had this happen before. Tried for about 40 minutes, then chucked the ice and bait back in the freezer, and went back to bed. 

IMG_20180331_083228.jpg

I went for a flick yesterday to get my fish for good friday down at the port. Put the boat in at 5am and was out by 8. The conditions were pretty good (better then the forecast made me think) but as typical of long weekends heaps of boats and lots of people with no fishing etiquette. As soon as I hooked up boats would zoom in left right and centre even if it was just a pike and drop anchor hah. Managed one snapper at 62cm on a threadybuster working some bait which was a good fish to feed me and the Girls family. 

Also thanks to the guys who offered to take a pic for me after watching me attempt multiple selfies hah. 20180330_073614.thumb.jpg.f47c7c752d55433ba855d28dc9c59eb0.jpg20180330_075250.thumb.jpg.02e477cfd2e9fe11e663711187491ce6.jpg

Wooli has been fun. The water is very dark tannin stained and not much to show for it yet. 6 muddies so far. Had an off shore trip for one small snapper. The angry hords from the caravan park should mostly go today. There has been more pots in the river than i have ever experianced before. All our pots have been raided a few times. 

A fair bit of theft around this year too... sadface :(

I will do a report when we get back next weekend. 

Fished the port area today. Lots and lots of run and a niggly northeaster  made it hard for plastics and hard bodies. Got a half dozen small bream between 20 and 25cm on strips of mullet and one undersize snapper around the 30cm mark. Soaked 4 pots with beautiful fresh mullet bait for zero result. Overall a pretty poor return but good to finally get out. When is this wind going to stop blowing?

Archived