Simo68

Month:April

Reporters Username:Simo68

Report Name:Hooked-on Tingalpa

URL Link:

Well as I stated in the easter post, was trying to keep away from the hordes over the break and resigned to leaving the line dry until week or so into future.....thats until I started to get cold sweats and jitters, not a good time to go cold turkey obviously.  So I took my 14 year old daughter Lily out on a 'Tingalpa bridge special', I was surprised the wireless speaker and all those awful tunes didn't accompany us out onto the bridge (actually she has a cracking taste in music, so thats a bit unfair)!

file8.thumb.jpeg.ac30eafdfaf55286db71fe91f12e3675.jpeg

Tide was just turning, 1 hour in, and we fished a few blood worms dropped under road bridge, (Rickertt Road) - Lily snapped up a nice fish straight up (her first for a while...im in the picture cause she wouldn't go near those gnashers chomping away)!!

file6.thumb.jpeg.816bab34eaf277f7804a05a4240bc7d8.jpeg

Then we hooked into a 'small Breambo frenzy' and caught 9 fish in the next 15 minutes...

file10.thumb.jpeg.a6b204204547423cca1e1b5e65f02a4b.jpeg

file2.thumb.jpeg.bbb5343fac5481ba19031c515ed19fb3.jpegfile11.thumb.jpeg.ecc956ca5a3e46247eb76d102bd806b3.jpeg

Nothing to write home about, although great entertaining new spot found for the kids into the future, the bites died off towards LT mark and we packed up to get x4 Coopers Green on special for $24 (and a coke for Lily).

Simo68 and first-born child Lily.

afterpay.jpg

afterpay.png

zippay-page-banner-1280x500.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Great little session there Simon and quality time with the daughter. Funny, I recognised the spot straight away (we drove over it to Wello Pt today with the kids - first time using their new kayak) and had mis-read your thread's title - was a bit perturbed at the thought of Tilapia being caught there ....... :) In case you are unaware that first fish is a pike and good as a cut bait (or if you're a Drop Bear you can eat them ........ :whistle:).

Mate, cheers for the nod on species,  was 50/50 as either bait or pot - ....pot won and I had a lamb spit roast last night, so skewered (the pike) and cooked over the coals - tasted excellent (although not as good as those cheek muscles on that Jewie I caught).

Not hearing any reports on that new cruise ship mate, is it too pristine to put in the water?

5 hours ago, Simo68 said:

Not hearing any reports on that new cruise ship mate, is it too pristine to put in the water?

Haha - going around to my parents (where the boat is currently) today to look at the back bench seat and see if I can come up with an easy solution to be able to have it either in (when the wife and kids come fishing) or out (other times .... :)) then calling a guy to see when he can come work on it. Have come up with an easy solution to make the windscreen and frame removable so once that's done I can get it under my carports and bring her home :) 

On 02/04/2018 at 7:58 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Great little session there Simon and quality time with the daughter. Funny, I recognised the spot straight away (we drove over it to Wello Pt today with the kids - first time using their new kayak) and had mis-read your thread's title - was a bit perturbed at the thought of Tilapia being caught there ....... :) In case you are unaware that first fish is a pike and good as a cut bait (or if you're a Drop Bear you can eat them ........ :whistle:).

On 03/04/2018 at 5:29 AM, MarkA said:

They make a gun livey for a jewie too Simo68!

Good job mate. Great report and pike are delicious. Dont listen to the skeptics hahahaha :D:queen:

Archived