Long Time Between Reports

Cmaltby

It's been a while since I've been on here and a few months since I've gotten out for a decent fish due to so much fresh coming through the Fitzroy, went out Sunday afternoon after work and could tell instantly it'd be a good day threw the net 4 times with over 40 mullet. Set about fishing around devils elbow with no luck moved up toward gavial creek and threw baits into the bank where the salmon smash the mullet. Long story short I ended up with this king that fell 2cm short of the metre club :( oh well maybe next time.... 

IMG_5416.JPG

2 minutes ago, Cmaltby said:

It's been a while since I've been on here and a few months since I've gotten out for a decent fish due to so much fresh coming through the Fitzroy, went out Sunday afternoon after work and could tell instantly it'd be a good day threw the net 4 times with over 40 mullet. Set about fishing around devils elbow with no luck moved up toward gavial creek and threw baits into the bank where the salmon smash the mullet. Long story short I ended up with this king that fell 2cm short of the metre club :( oh well maybe next time.... 

Mate that is a cracker!!!! Well done and thanks for the report. :)  I have not caught a salmon in QLD. Bucket list. :)

2 hours ago, Cmaltby said:

Come to the Fitzroy and they're in plague proportion we got 3 in no time the other night. Loving the net free zone, I'm still chasing the illusive fitzroy barra though got two in the cast net but none on a line yet 

I'd love to. I have some stuff to sort out over the next few months but would love to do a trip up there. 

10 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Great work mate and lovely fish - the golden colour came up well in the photo. Did you keep it for a feed - they're great on the chew. I'm yet to catch one - my brother got two in one night with me so he's got bragging rights, grrrrr!!!!!

New boat will sort that out im sure :450_trophy:

2 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

I'd love to. I have some stuff to sort out over the next few months but would love to do a trip up there. 

If you want a guide I'd be happy to help I'm not much of a lure fisherman but love throwing some livies out 

@kmcrosby78

I kept it to eat we got three in no time. Such a fun fish to catch. 

Archived