Some People Are Pigs

Got home around 1030 tonight everyone was asleep so I thought i might go try for some squid and herring. Got down to the spot and poor old homeless Phill was just finishing picking up some dirty morons beer bottles and other assorted crap. The stupid part is that between the spot these morons were fishing and where they would have parked their car there was 2 public bins they had to walk past them. 

1 minute ago, ellicat said:

Frustrating. They're like sharks' teeth - you can knock out two and another two will pop up.

How'd the squidding go ?

No squid but I got some herring and mullet for bait and burley . Was watching a big spotted ray cruising just below the surface in the light don't think I've seen one like that before , must be a corona ray

32 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Sorry to hear this mate. The few grubs give the more responsible fishers a bad name. 

I was fishing at Wynnum Waterfront one night a few months ago. We didn't catch much but a grub threw his fast food rubbish out the window. Sadly for him there were 3 things not in his favour.

1. He was going down a dead end street
  2. He had not eaten his apple pie
  3. There was a very angry Drop Bear that returned the rubbish, including the apple pie, back into the open window of his car at a reasonable velocity.

Citizen of the year right there .... 😍

5 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Sorry to hear this mate. The few grubs give the more responsible fishers a bad name. 

I was fishing at Wynnum Waterfront one night a few months ago. We didn't catch much but a grub threw his fast food rubbish out the window. Sadly for him there were 3 things not in his favour.

1. He was going down a dead end street
  2. He had not eaten his apple pie
  3. There was a very angry Drop Bear that returned the rubbish, including the apple pie, back into the open window of his car at a reasonable velocity.

Haha that's awesome Drop Bear , Phill hatched a plan if he catches these idiots he wants to put the beer bottles somewhere very uncomfortable (unless your Elton John) and smash them with a rock. But sadly I don't think his plan will eventuate. Sorry I did try and keep that as g rated as I could. 

3 hours ago, Ed. said:

That 10 Cents a bottle refund was was supposed to stop that sort of crap going on! At least that was what the politician responsible for this fiasco said when I rang him up and gave him heaps about that stupid legislation. I told him it would not work and it only inconvenienced the rest of the population. Pigs will be pigs and no amount of refund money is going to get these morons to stop dumping their cans and bottles. My wife and I recycle our bottles and whenever we go for a drive somewhere she spots the cans on the sides of the roads and says 10 cents, 20 cents, 30 cents etc. etc. By the time we finish going for a short drive anywhere we are probably up  to several dollars! Only upside is that it gives a few people who need extra cash an opportunity to get some and they help to clean up the mess a bit.

Maybe they should introduce a a largish fine for littering and actively police it , say a $200-500 per can or rubbish item, even then, it still won't stop some pigs as they know that the police aren't around when they do it.

You can't legislate against people being pigs.

Exactly , drive up the fines or give them community service orders picking up rubbish.