BRC Team Verminator: A Word of Warning...

Cliffy

OK, so all's fair in love and war...and fishing comp's. Thought it only fair to warn y'all official-like now that Team Verminator's registered and ready to go, so here goes:

1. We're a bit of an over-excitable bunch, I'm personally likely to be heard \"Woo-Hoo\"ing clear over the border into NSW if we hook anything even remotely decent.

2. One of my deckies (Tom) has a bit of a penchant for sitting way up on the bow while fishing; a couple of months ago a monster stingray (almost 2m across) just about plucked him clean off the boat from this possie (forgot to set the drag properly with 80-pound line on). Me, I'm a bit partial to \"live teasers\" when shark fishing, so if you see any thrashing about around the Jolly Roger it's probably not that much of an emergency (unless you're Tom :evil:)!

3. My other deckie (Trisso) is a fairly quiet bloke most of the time, except when he's not catching fish...when he tends to go a bit apesh#t. Been known to sweep around under the boat with the gaff after being bitten off, on the (perfectly reasonable grounds that it might just be Jaws, and figure the boat's next in line for lunch).

4. The young fella (Ratbag - who'll be fishing as a junior) is, if anything, worse than his old man when he's hooked up to a fish. Turns into bl@@dy Captain Bligh, taking over the boat, ordering people around with gaffs, nets, instructions to \"pick up the hook and chase the blasted thing willya?!\" (this last made more absurd by the fact that the last time he called this particular shot it was an undersized Whiting, although in his defence it was hooked on ludicrously light gear and a very whippy rod).

So - don't say you haven't been warned; in any event, best of luck to all for the day - looking forward to catching up with y'all in person.

rumrunner wrote:

we could do old indian woo hoo signals accross the river to keep count of how we are doing?:laugh:

Ahoy me old Rummy! Just as long as we don't get too carried away and try doing smoke signals as well :dry:!!

Look forward to seeing ya on the water me hearty!!

Archived