G'day all. I'm hoping to get my kayak out on the weekend and was wondering where the raby bay reefs are. I've heard they hold some nice squire and the odd snapper and would like to work out where it is so I can fish it on my kayak (Viking espri). If anyone could please give me some maps, charts or coordinates I would really appreciate it. Also, how is it best fished. 

Cheers Joseph

Hey mate,

not sure which refs you refer to but there is a lot of rubble ground in that area, especially around the drop offs. Best fished early morning or late afternoon with the lightest gear possible and soft plastics around 3.5” to 5”. Colors vary depending on the weather, water clarity etc.

i’d spend a bit of time looking at the forecast for this weekend though mate - it’s not in any way, shape or form kayak friendly for the open bay.

Hey Joseph,

I don't know them sorry. but as no on has answered your question I thought I would post some links

This video shows some people fishing them.

By the looks it is just the shallows straight out from Raby bay but north of Cleveland Point. I know its not the info you are after specifically but I hope it helps. 

I hope that you are not thinking of being out there this weekend. It looks like a write off due to the wind. Good luck and I hope you can post up some reports telling us how well you did 🙂 

1 minute ago, benno573 said:

Hey mate,

not sure which refs you refer to but there is a lot of rubble ground in that area, especially around the drop offs. Best fished early morning or late afternoon with the lightest gear possible and soft plastics around 3.5” to 5”. Colors vary depending on the weather, water clarity etc.

i’d spend a bit of time looking at the forecast for this weekend though mate - it’s not in any way, shape or form kayak friendly for the open bay.

haha snap.