Redcliffe snapps 02-03-24

mangajack

Yeah I totally get it!  I haven't experienced great fishing, having only been a fisho for a few years - but I certainly know people who have fished the easier times or more abundant places. I am definitely not experienced enough (or maybe dedicated enough) to be a Neil Stratford or Daryl McPhee etcetera in SEQ.

A sunrise or sunset photo on the water is another option 😸 and always appreciated.

28 minutes ago, mangajack said:

I take photos of photo worthy fish only....for a snapp that would be over 60cm fork length, a legal jew, a 65cm + flathead, a 50cm+ jack.

I never ever pose with a fish.....my face will break a camera.

I guess I am spoiled to have caught lots of good large fish in my younger years....fish these days seem small and insignificant to me unless it is large by today's standards.

Most people these days can't fathom a std Wednesday night session for jacks where you boat 8 fish in 2 hours within 30km of Petrie....or more than 20 jacks in a 3 hour window just north of Bundy....

It was nothing at all to go to the rock wall at Pelican Park and catch 6 flathead over 60cm in 30 minutes on small hard body lures....or 10 big tiger squid from the same place in June...

@mangajack, just out of interest, what’s your biggest Threadfin and Jewfish from the river? 

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

@mangajack, just out of interest, what’s your biggest Threadfin and Jewfish from the river? 

Thready recently about 105cm early last year, about 25 years ago i got one that was 123cm.

Jew recently is 1 metre, back in the 1980s got a few about 120cm under the motorway in the city reaches at night on hard body lures being trolled.

I stopped fishing the bris river in the 80's, been re-learning it the past 3 years.....so different now. So much missing reef these days because of dredging for ship basins....the port back then only handled 2 ships max. Sunstate Cement wharf was a new installation then. Most ships travelled through to Hamilton to unload.

in the 1970's i used to do a fair bit of shark fishing in Bulimba Creek in the hot water outlet of the old powerstation (now Visy Paper). Baits didn't last more than a minute then.

2 hours ago, mangajack said:

I take photos of photo worthy fish only....for a snapp that would be over 60cm fork length, a legal jew, a 65cm + flathead, a 50cm+ jack.

I never ever pose with a fish.....my face will break a camera.

I guess I am spoiled to have caught lots of good large fish in my younger years....fish these days seem small and insignificant to me unless it is large by today's standards.

Most people these days can't fathom a std Wednesday night session for jacks where you boat 8 fish in 2 hours within 30km of Petrie....or more than 20 jacks in a 3 hour window just north of Bundy....

It was nothing at all to go to the rock wall at Pelican Park and catch 6 flathead over 60cm in 30 minutes on small hard body lures....or 10 big tiger squid from the same place in June...

Memories