Burleigh Heads 13.12.07

Chafule

Hey guys, this is my first report so a bit sketchy.

Anyways after many unsuccessful fishing trips, I've finally got something to report!

Me, my cousin and another friend started fishing around the lakes and canals around Bond university at around 11pm. We found 1 bloke flicking lures waiting for the flood gates in Bond uni to open, saying there were Travally caught there couple nights before.

After no luck around these parts we decided to drive to palm beach to check it out, only to find it was very low tide and still running out(didnt know this may be good for whiting or flathead) so we drove to a footbridge we found in the refidex next to the Pacific Highway over Tallebudgera Creek. It was looking extremly polluted with rubbish, clumps of twigs and leaves floating past.

At this time it was already 2 am so we just decided to sit and try it out. After 1 hour of nothing on our baits of prawns. My cousin saw a huge bend in his rod and after a very short fight, to my suprise he pulled up a 35cm Bream! This was followed by 3 more at 33cm,32cm and 28cm all on his light combo (Where was mine!!). Do bream get lazy in the late nights? the fights just didnt suit their size.

After this things got quiet so we started heading home.We released the 35cm at first not expecting the others, we kept the rest for our families.

Sorry no pics, the camera man has gone back to malaysia >.

Archived