North pine dam

BIG DAVE 1

• 2 months later...

i do most my freshwater fishing at northpine dam. i mainly use worms n live shrimp. w normally get a few bass,yellowbelly,big eeltailed catties n heaps of talapia. we also get som monster redclaws there in the opra house pots. always worth a go there 4 anything.

normally around september/october the yellowbelly come on the chew near the wall on the McGavin View side. You can tell when they are on by the number of people carrier vans and straw hats and yellow raincoats ( yes they wear them there also) they get there at first light to get their spot and stay till dark. They use 12 gallon rubbish bins ( because that is the maximium weight that they can carry between two of them. We used to dob them into the fisheries but it didnt seem to do much good.

It really pissed us off as we were paying $110 for a permit to fish from our boats and all of the permit money goes into restocking and the land based anglers do not even have to have a stocked impoundment permit

I dont know what it will be like this year as the water level is down 45 feet from last year.

ray

Archived