Kurwongbah Australia day

rayke1938

OK Here are the details of the kids comp.

Lions Club of Petrie Family fishing event - Australia Day 2008 Saturday 26th January

The Lions Club of Petrie will hold its second family fishing day at Lake Kurwongbah

Venue: In the Lions Park , Torrens Road, Petrie. Free Parking

Time: 6.30 am to 12 noon.

Register now by phoning 32058674 / 38892413 or sign on starts at 6.30 a.m. fee of $3.00 per child or $10 per family and bait will be available for sale. All registered children are automatically entered into a lucky draw prize consisting of fishing rod and. reel combination plus fishing equipment.

Major raffle with hundreds of dollars of fishing equipment to be won. Plus lucky draw and novelty prizes will be held during the morning ensuring all the children there have an opportunity to win some of the great prizes available.

The day is again aimed at providing children and families with the opportunity to have a great day fishing whilst helping eradicate the pest fish Tilapia from the lake.

We hope to better the thousand fish caught and removed from the lake last year

The Pine Rivers Fish Management Club will hold clinics for children to learn the art of fishing and some rods will be available for children to use during the morning.

Hot food and cold drinks available for sale.

BBQ facilities are also available in the park.

Sponsored by:-

Jarvis Walker

Geo W McPherson (Platypus),

Pure Fishing Agencies ( Abu, Berkley, Halco)

Alvey

Bendigo Bank,

PRSC.

and of Course Petrie Lions Club doing all the work!

Angus wrote:

Id be keen for sure. But you have to have kids right?

Angus

well it is a kids comp Angus, but Adults are allowed to fish as well! Just dont get any prizes (that I know of anyway!)

Last year all we caught was half a dozen turtles, most of the Tilapia came from the deeper water around the first headland on the left, but as they had random prizes for the kids, we had to stay in hearing distance of the PA system!

Biggest Tilapia I saw last year was about 45cm! Most though were smaller fella's 20 to 30cm. Also saw a couple of spangled perch as well. Interestingly enough I dont remember a single catfish being caught.

No boats of any type.

In the Winter fish kill, Ranger found 3 dead barra. Probably tank fish that grew to big someone let go.

Lenthalls is currently the southern most Dam allowed to be stocked with Barra, I am really hopeful that Paradise dam and the new Traveston dam will be allowed to stock barra as well!

Ray just forwarded me the "official flyer" so fella's if you dont mind passing it on to anyone with kids and an interest in fishing (dont forget they are having training classes for the kids on the day, so no prior experience necessary). [file name=flyer.pdf size=118322]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/flyer.pdf[/file]

flyer.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bump to remind people this is on. I'll be there with the kids, probably not at 6:30am, when sign on first starts, but not to much later. If you spot me come on over and have a yarn!

I'll be wearing a AFO shirt with my name on it, so if you dont know me by sight just look for the shirt! If others wear their AFO shirts I'll come annoy you if I spot you first!

Purchased a tub of worms today and went to Torrens road picnic area. Tried for 2 hours to get a tilly, but not even a touch. Had 1 rod set up with a float and the other fshing on the bottom. It was a bit overcast today and tillies like the bright hot sunny days. Sawa few turtles with heads as big as cricket balls.

Dino

faulked wrote:

ill certainly be there and will probably have a few spare kids with me if any one wants a loner ill do cheap rates for the boys but the girls are worth good money they are better trained at fishing the boys play up to much :laugh:
lol I may just take a trip up there and try out the new toy rod I got ;) Are your billy lids any good for bait mate? lol

Might bring up the burley to help kick things along.

Feral wrote:

OK Here are the details of the kids comp.

Lions Club of Petrie Family fishing event - Australia Day 2008 Saturday 26th January

The Lions Club of Petrie will hold its second family fishing day at Lake Kurwongbah

Venue: In the Lions Park , Torrens Road, Petrie. Free Parking

Time: 6.30 am to 12 noon.

Register now by phoning 32058674 / 38892413 or sign on starts at 6.30 a.m. fee of $3.00 per child or $10 per family and bait will be available for sale. All registered children are automatically entered into a lucky draw prize consisting of fishing rod and. reel combination plus fishing equipment.

Major raffle with hundreds of dollars of fishing equipment to be won. Plus lucky draw and novelty prizes will be held during the morning ensuring all the children there have an opportunity to win some of the great prizes available.

The day is again aimed at providing children and families with the opportunity to have a great day fishing whilst helping eradicate the pest fish Tilapia from the lake.

We hope to better the thousand fish caught and removed from the lake last year

The Pine Rivers Fish Management Club will hold clinics for children to learn the art of fishing and some rods will be available for children to use during the morning.

Hot food and cold drinks available for sale.

BBQ facilities are also available in the park.

Sponsored by:-

Jarvis Walker

Geo W McPherson (Platypus),

Pure Fishing Agencies ( Abu, Berkley, Halco)

Alvey

Bendigo Bank,

PRSC.

and of Course Petrie Lions Club doing all the work!

just bring this to this page, saves me clicking lol

Archived