Out There Charter Second Attempt 16/3 or 6/4 or ??

bootyinblue

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CrayfishMates wrote:

mmmm fishing. Better than sleepless nights and changing nappies...

Don't remember seeing the announcement, but CONGRATULATIONS:woohoo:

Please check your tackle bag before you board to make sure the wife hasn't slipped in a momento for you :P :laugh: :laugh:

Lozzel wrote:

Glenda is primed and ready to go .She has even brought back the Kiwi's Secret weapon :laugh: Now I have to buy a new rod for her tomorrow :ohmy:

Funny you should say that Lozz, I had a bro in my ear at work telling me what bait to use. He tells me that the 10th fish I catch is his:blink: His words" they'll be fighting over ya bait Bro!!!"

Damn I hope he's right.;)

Jayson

Yea Elli I think the S**T wether is following me all around the Tasman & the Pacfic . Only had about 5 good days in 2 weeks.Howling SW winds to 35-40knts and Pi**ing down rain.

On a brighter note the locals thanked me for breaking their "Drought" on average 50-100 mls a day. :angry:

Ok guys after the charter there are a few of us interested in getting a feed somewhere. Any suggestions where.

Im not interested in a bbq would prefer to have food brought to me.

After a long day out wan to relax and haver a good feed.

All welcome. Any suggestions on where. And who is interested.

Richard.

if i have a feed and a drink i will fall asleep on the way home. not good nearly did it at the noosa charter. so will have a quick beer while we wait for the deckies to clean our massive mound of fish and collect my trophies and will be off lol.

TerrH, Most of the "fishing" we did on the first trip was serious weight bottom bashing as there was a lot of current running. Who knows what we'll end up doing if we get out on the weekend?

I'm taking a 6-10kg ugly stik spin combo spooled with 20lb lo-stretch and a 15-24kg o/h spooled with 24kg lo-stretch. Kath will have a 10-15kg ugly stik matched to a 4500 Baitrunner spooled with 20lb whiplash.

I know that Lee (PC) tried some lighter gear and plastics on the last trip, but most everyone else was on the heavy stuff in either spin or o/h.

As you suggested it is a good idea to take two outfits to cover a variety of scenarios.

Rocket

Terry, Leave the 8lb at home. The pelagics have been quiet.

It is most likely it will be a bottom bashing event.

OH setup with 30-50lb braid. 40-60lb leader.

Spin setup with 20lb braid and leader.

That is what I recommend.

Use the spin for closer shallower reefs and the overhead for wider deeper situations.

Your 100lb setup could be used to troll.

Your 8lb outfit could be used to catch some live bream for bait at the marina.

I'm starting to get excited, I've just mixed The "Secret" bait mix together and it's in the fridge marinating:blink:

Now if this trip is canceld I'm thinking of having a go at the rock wall near there or maybe even a beach fish somewhere close. I'll be throwing my Surf Rod in the car just incase.WOOHOO come on sunday!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Jayson

chubbstar wrote:

I'm starting to get excited, I've just mixed The "Secret" bait mix together and it's in the fridge marinating:blink:

Now if this trip is canceld I'm thinking of having a go at the rock wall near there or maybe even a beach fish somewhere close. I'll be throwing my Surf Rod in the car just incase.WOOHOO come on sunday!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Jayson

Hope it doesn't smell too much mate. It's gonna be rough enough by the looks :X

Anyone wanna run the book on who goes first :woohoo: :laugh:

ellicat wrote:

chubbstar wrote:

Jayson

Hope it doesn't smell too much mate. It's gonna be rough enough by the looks :X

Anyone wanna run the book on who goes first :woohoo: :laugh:

My money is on Terry if he doesnt have any tablets :blink: :blush: :blush: :blush: he only lasted 2-3 mins in the yaks last time lol

Lee

You guys & gals are in BIG TROUBLE :laugh:

We went to Annaconda today and Glenda brought a new Shakespeare 8-10kg rod and a new PENN 8000 loaded with braid.:woohoo:

On the way home stopped at Charltons to have the butt shortened and spent more $$ on leader etc.

So look out she means bussiness :ohmy:

Archived