Transporting 1 piece Surf Rods

Fisher_90

Wind down a back window, put the but on the floor with rod sticking up and back, wind up window. Otherwise its roof racks if you can get them, or you can get suction cup rod holders, dunno if I would trust them though.

I retired my 1 piece rods and went and bought a couple of two piece ones.

Feral wrote:

Wind down a back window, put the but on the floor with rod sticking up and back, wind up window. Otherwise its roof racks if you can get them, or you can get suction cup rod holders, dunno if I would trust them though.

I retired my 1 piece rods and went and bought a couple of two piece ones.

I've been using the suction cup ones for years and haven't had a failure yet. I'm not that trusting either and check them every chance I get. As a bit of surety I run some cord from the butt, through the runners and then tie off under the front bumper somewhere. On long trips I tie the rear bit down too.

On a short tip on a sunny day when I cant be bothered removing the cage from the wagon I stick them up through the rear window too.

IT only illegal to have the rod holders on the bull bar if they are empty. If your carrying rods i believe its alright.

Rod holders must be either removed when not in use or retracted behind the profile of the bullbar

Fishing rod holders can only be fitted providing they

comply with the following conditions:

• The fitting allows the driver a view of the road and

of traffic to the front and sides of the vehicle.

• They must only be attached to the left side of

the vehicle.

• They must be designed to carry no more than four

fishing rods.

• Rods, hooks and sinkers must be properly secured.

They are 100mm suction cups with a hard plastic section on the top. The top section has a couple of grooves for your rods to lay in. They are then secured with valcro straps. So you can also use them for a quick bondage session.

I'll take a photo tomorrow for you.

If you wanted to search for them - the brand etc is Pro-Hunter Rod Carriers.

I can't remember where I got them now, but they were cheap as chips.

Archived