Logan River o'night

Woodlaz

We went out at 4.30pm yesterday and got back 7am this morning. 8 pots with shop mullet overnight, checked them all around 11pm and rebaited. Nothing but massive jennys and undersized bucks. On our way back to the gazebo, the mullet were out in force, within 20 minutes we had a few kilos caught in the cast net ranging from 5cm up to 30cm and quite a few prawns. It was awesome to see. So typical tho, had to be AFTER we rebaited the pots with bought mullet.

Anchored up at the deep hole in front of the gazebo. Nothing but catfish so i decided to throw on a 28-30cm (fresh caught) mullet. Within 10minutes the handline is spinning out, played it for a bit and then i had to give myself an uppercut... the friggin knot i tied came undone. Spewin.. Ahh well my brother throws a mullet same size on, and 10minutes later off his goes... It stopped and line went slack, pulled it in and half of the mullet was gone in what appeared to be one bite and missed the hook in the tail. We can only assume it was a rather large bullshark.

Checked pots at approx 5am and again lots of jennies and undersized bucks. No legal crabs, no good fish but still had a ball. The only depressing thing was to see 2 trawlers at 4am floggin the river. To think how many mullet we got in a 8 foot castnet in 20 minutes as to how many they got in their nets over the 2 hours we saw em. I am definately not a fan of trawlers.

Cheers

Woody

Fair point lol... Itd have to be a a stupid mullet to get caught in the net from a trawler:P... but then again we werent sneakin up on em. They were thick as and we only covered a tiny bit of water compared to the trawlers. Also makes me think, where do all the mullet we buy in bait shop/petrol stations/woolies etc etc come from. Are the caught with fixed nets??? or is there a net strung between 2 boats? or are they farmed??

Cheers

Woody

Archived