Brag/ Truth Matts

rayke1938

Whilst up at Hervey bay Feral put me onto a locally made truth mat. Their website is www.truthmat.com and phone number is 0741286520 or email tackleware@aapt.net.au.

They are very well made and photograph very well even when resised.

In the brochure that you get with they even give our afo site a free plug.

My ambition is now to catch a fish longer than the length of the mat.

IMG_9910AFO.jpg

See how clearly the measurements stand out even when resized.

IMG_9911AFO.jpg

Even when taken with wide angle to fit it all in everything is clear

P1010863AFO-1.jpg

The price is $20 including postage or less for multiple orders or pick up.

Maybe if there is sufficient interest a deal could be done through the site.

Cheers

Ray

This is copied from their website. Unfortunatly the photos done come across.Angus says it would be too much money for AFO to become involved as they would have to purchase 100 mats .

Rhis is a copy of a post by Mick the owner of Tackleware that is on fisntales of hervey bays website. I think that you would have to wait until he does a new run before any are availanle.

You can order a Truth mat by sending me a PM or leave your details on the web site www.truthmat.com There is a new run of mats due out shortly featuring Awoonga and Monduran Dams, these mats will be sold through Awoonga dam caravan park and Foxies Barra Havoc at Gin Gin. I will only have a small amount for sale as most of the mats will be going to the above mentioned shops. The Truth mat is as shrink reistant as poly vinyl can be, it has a shrinkage / expansion rate of approx 1%, in other words, over the length of the mat 1400mm, it may be upto 14mm out in either direction. These mats, and all other mats are not intended to be used as an official measurement, only a steel rule can be 100% accurate, they are intended to be used to photograph fish upon to show the size. Other mats on the market show millimetre increments, which are a waste of time due to the inaccuracy of them.

Cheers

Ray

ABOUT US

GALLERY

ADVERTISING

LINKS

CONTACT US

What is the Truth Mat?

The Truth Mat is a tough poly vinyl fish-measuring mat, used by anglers, to measure and photograph fish upon. It is digitally printed onto a high quality, tear / wear resistant poly vinyl material and will last for years with a little care.

With a length of 1400mm, the Truth mat is 200mm longer than other mats on the market, and the high contrast background really brings out the colour of fish when photographed.

The Truth mat is produced in small runs and targeted at specific species / areas / themes. eg. Big Barra Mat (in production now) Fraser Is / Great Sandy Straits mat ( on the drawing board now) etc.

Fishing and outdoor related business are invited to advertise upon the mat to form a complementing / non conflicting mix of advertisers, and the mat is designed to best promote those business'.

There are upto14 Advertising spaces with an approx size of 200mm X 100mm available on each run of mats. One or two positions are made available to fish stocking groups, Volunteer marine rescue, or other community not for profit organizations, free of charge, as a thank you for their valuable input to Australia's recreational fishery.

The mats are actively marketed to anglers most likely to photograph fish and post images on internet forums, club newsletters and the printed media, thus providing advertisers with exposure. Associating quality fish with industry logos is powerful advertising.

A number of Truth mats from each run are provided to fishing guides, writers, prominent anglers and industry representatives to help further exposure.

With the increase in tournament fishing and the ongoing promotion of catch and release fishing in Australia the Truth mat is fast gaining popularity amongst the fishing fraternity.

Want to be a sponsor?

Check out how you too can see your business on the truth mat, and apply for a space today.

have ya put it to the test???

i know with the brag mats they can be out a fair bit at times and have seen them out as much as 7cm

so have ya put your tape mesure over it to see how good it is yet?

hmmm makes me wonder with these 120cm barra photos taken on a brag mat if they are really 120cm now or only 115cm

Kingtin wrote:

have ya put it to the test???

i know with the brag mats they can be out a fair bit at times and have seen them out as much as 7cm

so have ya put your tape mesure over it to see how good it is yet?

hmmm makes me wonder with these 120cm barra photos taken on a brag mat if they are really 120cm now or only 115cm

This is from Tacklewares own website.

The Truth mat is as shrink reistant as poly vinyl can be, it has a shrinkage / expansion rate of approx 1%, in other words, over the length of the mat 1400mm, it may be upto 14mm out in either direction. These mats, and all other mats are not intended to be used as an official measurement, only a steel rule can be 100% accurate, they are intended to be used to photograph fish upon to show the size. Other mats on the market show millimetre increments, which are a waste of time due to the inaccuracy of them.

I dont think that you can be more honest than this none of the other mats that I have seen even admit that there can be a variation of the measurement.

If you wish to be accurate you have to use a steel or wooden ruler as the stick on measures sold by tackle shops are also inaccurate as they tend to stretch when you apply them.

Yes I have checked it out when laid out on the carpet in the lounge it measures about 1/2 cm short and when laid out on a tiled floor it is accurate so the measurement also depends on what surface the mat is lying on and how much you stretch it out.

Cheers

Ray

Archived