how small

gummybusta

hey i'm just wondering how small you could go but still be able to fish outside somewhere like numbucca or coffs

i think at best all i could scrap up is $2000 or less and wondering is say a 10-12foot open tinny with a 8-15hp would be fine

wouldn't want nothing top notch just good enoght to get out during the day to some of the closer ground say 5km or so off land

occasainaly ya see some of them banged up hire type of tinnys for sale and i have seen some guys fishing offshore in them even saw one report on some site but i can remeber of a bloke fishing off the gold coast in one catching wahoo and snapper

sure people take out 12ft tinnies on good days... if there was any sort of bar crossing involved count me out. i'm sure if you were smart about it and cautious you wouldn't have a problem. remember - to kit up for offshore you need an epirb and different types of flares, about another $350-$500 you need to come up with as well. i used to go offshore from bribie in a 14ft tinny with a 25 on the back (which cost only $1500 yeah it was a heap but it did the job). was ok there as there is no bar!!!

Archived