18th April - Spot X has done it again and again ;)

Jeryl

yeah that spot x was by accident, just a lil bit from my side of the night- i was actually using a 7ft6 bream finesse, 2004 revros, 4lb fireline, 10lb and 12lb vanish, yo-zuri popper,r2s popper, countdown, and various shrimp gulp on 1/20th.

i also had about 3 fish hooked up but all 3 threw the hooks in a very spectacular head shakes,got busted off by the big one that jeryl wrote about and only managed to land 2 other threaddies one around 40cm and the other about 50cm. i let the 40cm one go and kept the other.

if anyone ever stumbles upon a school of threaddies feeding on the surface i highly recomend using a popper its the best fun ever, just watching their feelers spread out then their mouth opening up and then hearing your reel scream :)

sorry no pics of the threaddies. next time ill take some

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

thanks for the report namyau. that spot's defi firing for u guys.

why not try heavier gear( say 16lb leader, 8-15lb rod?) and put single hook on the popper.

its more fun with the light gear, and give the fish a more fair fight. i will be using better hooks on the poppers, i had to get some more cos i lost my last one. picked up a cheapo gillies pack from bcf yesterday they look alright just the hooks are really crap so have to find some time and get some owner trebles

true. some good( and maybe bigger) hooks will ensure a better chance.

just wonder how u guys stop them from running towards the structure on that light gear. a jew like that can certainly peel 30m of 4lb line with no problem at all and it's nearly impossible to change its direction. so well done guys. i don't think i'll land one even if i hook them.

yeah that's very true that one i caught it fought like crazy it just kept peeling line out with power, i'd say drag setting is very important, i think i've worked my tcurve and luvias to the extreme level, and i tired to fish calm and be patient and that finally pay off B)

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

true. some good( and maybe bigger) hooks will ensure a better chance.

just wonder how u guys stop them from running towards the structure on that light gear. a jew like that can certainly peel 30m of 4lb line with no problem at all and it's nearly impossible to change its direction. so well done guys. i don't think i'll land one even if i hook them.

deff gotta have faith in the gear you have too. and drag setting, patience,calmness and a lil bit of luck when your using very light gear. every time ive hooked a threaddie and even the jew i have had to constantly change the drag setting to suit, but i start up really tight (showed you last night kev). once you ahve all that then you just have to hold on and wait

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

i'd never ever fish that sort of drag with 2lb fireline. lol the drag u had nearly match what i had on 20lb Baitcaster combo.

thanks for the tips last night

yeah i normally wouldnt either but cos those fish have so much power you need to have the drag set up tight and then play around wit it

Archived