Fishing near Herston?

brisbanebound

Yeah have been doing a search of the locations on the forum and it does seem like flathead and bream territory.

Incidentally, what do you guys do when you hook a stingray? Seen one caught in NZ and the guy just cut the line. or is there a safe way to handle then release them? Or can you even eat them?

Cheers

Jamie

Depends on size. If they are only small and you are confident, you can hold onto these little grooves near their eyes and unhook them while holding them that way. But when they start getting bigger, it is best just to cut them off.

For eating, some cultures love them, but most people will never try them. I never have and don't intend to:silly: There are plenty of better eating fish around the Brisbane region:)

Looking forward to it Angus, would be well appreciated. Despite the excitement its still quite scary at times to think im leaving this crime ridden, gang infested pit called Glasgow! :-)

Serioulsy though cant wait to have a few beers and cast a few lines with some of you!

Happy fishing and take care everyone

Jamie

I dare say the novelty will wear off once I get a few. Just a question of note, have any of you lads tried fly fishing on the river? I reckon it would be an amazing way to fish for Flatties and Bream using a shrimp type lure.

Man, imagine catching a big threadfin on a fly rod, would be unbeatable I reckon, by the way ive heard they fight on here.

Archived