27th April Raby Bay day light eging

Jeryl

well eventually i didnt fish manly lastnight too lazy driving lol but ended up taking Pinkey advise went to Raby bay canals for a try, got there just around 1.00ish the highest tide time of the day, tired a few spots but no luck so i tired marina, once i got there i saw a sch about 4-5 flowing on the surface, they didnt look like in feeding mood coz all the bait fish around them but well i still give it a go :cheer: rigged on a yamashita egikingQ 3.0, casted right out then bring it back and got their attentions but no take, so switched to egikingQ shallow 3.0 to give it more time suspending, finally the biggest one in the sch cant help it and went straight to it HAHAHA

Photo00040.jpg

after that it went all quiet the sch were gone...but it was a beautiful day out even the turtle came out to play :laugh: and there was a few massive bream following it at least 40cm mark :ohmy:

Photo00041.jpg

Photo00042.jpg

Thanks guys i was fishing very close to where the restaurants so is it where you thought aswell cowfish? :cheer:

Cowfish13 wrote:

If you went where I think you did, we've seen heaps of Squid there:) but never a Turtle:lol:

Well done:)

Some were pretty decent. I nearly always forget to bring my squid jigs down when we go, but I have managed to get one on a Prawnstar. This one was pretty small compared to some of the others, but it still went 40cm from tip to tip and had an 18cm tube:)

Sometimes there can be heaps (3 or 4 at each spot we go to. we walk around a lot) and they all attack your lures. But other times you won't see a single one:blink: and that's usually when I remember my jigs:silly::pinch:

[img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Squid-f7de538452973e5f3e448dc4595b2ea5.jpg

post-320-144598455362_thumb.jpg

haa thanks mate i wouldnt go today without ur advise lastnight B) actually i saw a dolphin there before too! anyway how was the tackle show?

pinkey wrote:

Nice one!!! Glad you got one man. Yesterday we saw a massive turtle come up neer the restaurants it was huge, We threw a little bit of bread in and it ate it :P, must be a few in there. Maybe it will go even better at night?

No worrys. Tinny n Tackle show was great, met alot of the ABT and even a couple of AFC fisherman. Got some free stuff off them to :);).

Yeah cowfish, when i saw the squid yesterday i rememberd back to that very post lol, but had no prawnstars on me :P. We came across a good school of them and were attacking our lures for probly 15 strikes untill they got less interested. Next time ill bring the squid jigs for sure :D

Archived