Best Brisbane River Session Ever

Dan23

Nice fish "Devil Boy", I bet you and Kev were stoked:cheer: , suprised I didn't hear him from my place! I'm going to start tailing you two and find this mystery location, I must be one of the only fisherman who hasn't caught a threadie yet:blush:

Nice work.

Rocket

I was fishing what you'd probably call medium weight spinning and until I landed mine I had no real confidence I could. You really would feel more in control with a nice BC that you could thumb. I was constantly tweaking my drag and controlling the spool with my winding hand.

shortie wrote:

What time were you fishing Dan. I thought i heard a girl squeeling in the distance throughout the night. Could of been Kev. lol

Ha ha ha ha ha:laugh: :cheer: I actually heard a scream too when Kev was fishing a small distance away and no one else was around. How do you explain that Kev????B)

whatnow wrote:

and how big were the threadies?

Mine was about 80cm, only had a 40cm ruler so was hard to measure. Kev's ones weren't measured but they weren't as big as mine:P

Next time I'll take a heavy outfit and try and land a one meter +;) It's seriously nasty territory there though so landing a fish like that will be very difficult.

Cowfish13 wrote:

That's awesome. Well Done!!!:woohoo:

What lures did the damage?

I tried all sorts of HBs and no hits. As soon as I used Kev's used 2" Gulp Shrimp the fun started. It must resemble their food source or something. The exact same gulp and jighead landed all 4 fish for the night. Don't know what brand the jighead was because was Kev's.

The baitfish around there were tiny so I guess that's why. I think the jighead was pretty light but you can't really make a call on that sort of thing without sussing out tidal flow at the time. The shrimp was a grey white natural colour.

Archived