devil does it again

James W

well this afternoon i had 1/2 a day and met me mate troy arond lunch time....we hit north pine dam greeted with a overcast and quite windy day......i was rigged up with a tassie devil in the harlequin pattern and troy was using a slider grub......on my first cast i hooked up to what i thought was a little spangled perch but was suprised it was a little bass not much bigger that the tassie devil.....a few casts later off the same point i was on again to a little bit bigger bass but no monster and after a quick pic it was on its way too.....by this time i was smiling ear to ear even thou they were not huge.....a couple of minutes passed and i was on again and called it a bigger fish, after a bit of a struggle i landed a bigger bass of about 30 cm...sweet!....we left the fish biting there as we were tight for time and wanted to find a point that would give us some bigguns......so we were at the next point and troy hooked up to what seemed a nice fish.....a nice bass of 30 cm plus....so then the wind was howling and time was ticking so we trekked back.....we stopped where we started before heading home to see if the bass were still schooled up off the 1st point......3 casts and i was on again....this fish felt like a guppy for a while until it was in the shallows where it went crazy...another 30 cm bass.....awesome afternoon!....

the score - james and the tassie devil 4 bass

troy and the slider 1 bass

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/tassie1-1c2ee01a726864d19fc8173cd53daf50.JPG

post-180-144598402081_thumb.jpg

aaron- mate i just do a slow retrive...somtimes i stop and let it sink and then start again.....ive jigged with them too and done pretty well .....flathead looove em too

brian- as for fishing the pine.....havent done much..well in the last 10 yrs anyway but be glad to hit it with ya anyway........

yer thats right and they only give out 200 a year which isnt that much... but you might get away with a yak up the back of the dam because no one is ever up there which would make the fishing even better... but if you go land-based i may join as it is only 5 minutes from my house... where you talking about the dame or the pine river???

Post edited by: reef_raider, at: 2006/10/18 14:02

Archived